Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a vauxhall towbar to their 5dr, im thinking about it for my bike and dont want anything touching the paintwork. Also dont want to leave the towbar on the car!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have one fitted to my 5 door (was put on the car a week before i bought it and never used) Its not the detachable one though. Its is a genuine vauxhall part, they do detachable ones too which are a bit more expensive i believe. From what i can see under the car its pretty easy to fit too.
Dont really notice it either! (Y)

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont suppose its that bad, ill probably bang my shins on it all the time tho! I like your wheels by the way, are they black or anthracite or something?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Anthracite powder coated, i think there awesome but i'm biased!!! They have a metalic flake through them so some days the look black next anthracite next bronze! All depends how much sun on the go :D
P.S I haven't banged my shin yet, but saying that i'll probably do it tomorrow!!! :lol::lol:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Would look tidy!!! Go for it!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I dont get the ok i just do it! Easier to seek forgiveness than gain approval!!! :lol::lol:

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder if the wheels would be noticeable if I did it... hmmmm, ill have to think about that. Perhaps if I dont wash them now, then do it in a few months

·
Registered
681 Posts
Good thinking :thumbs:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have just ordered a witter towbar from PF Jones (seem to be the cheapest) a flange type they do removable as well. Its being delivered to Indespension in Glasgow for fitting total £218.50 included single electrics.

Paul

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
They are useful to have on the car too if you get rear ended.

The one on the Navara has done a few cars radiators/bumpers in :p

·
Registered
314 Posts
Got my bosal tow bar off e bay for the sportshatch and fitted myself easy enough had to remove rear exhaust box to mount up and 2x large plates on the inside to secure.

The pain in the **** was the wiring kit had to get a £70.00 kit that plugs into the fuse box in the boot but then had to take car to vauxhall for them to turn the feed to the box on was not done when new! that was £45.00 so do check the price is correct and no silly extras.

My bar was £30.00 plus all the above 3/5dr the same bar.

·
Registered
265 Posts
They are useful to have on the car too if you get rear ended.
Yep, I agree. I bounced one of my old cars off the back of a car with a towbar and it destroyed most of the front end of mine. Not pretty!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts