Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the haynes manual book for the astra j it says for 300mm discs only front caliper mounting bracket bolts torque stage one 150 nm or 111 lbs ft and stage two angle tighten to 60 degrees. on the workshop manual website it says 100 nm or 74 lbs ft and angle tighten to 45 to 60 degrees but does not give the disc size bearing in mind road wheel nuts tighten to 140 nm or 103 lbs ft .The old astra H 1.9 diesel that i use to have had 308 mm discs and the torque for those was 74 lbs ft. can Any one please give me the correct torque for these bolts PLEASE ...
car = Astra vx line 2.0 ltr diesel 2012

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
I always do them FT.

I'm sure 100nm or 150nm will both be fine. I always use thread lock anyway, so unlikely to come undone.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
@shed

I agree with the above, but please make sure the hubs are very clean, wire brush or sanding by hand will suffice, it is very important that the discs are flush, and the mounts/caliper/pads fit parallel to the disc.

B

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just let peeps know it is correct had a look on this site http://workshop-manuals.com/ mine is 16" brake system 300mm disc and it is 111 ft lbs or 150nm for the bracket bolts with 45 to 60 degrees torque to yield bolts as it says must use new bolts found this website to be very interesting hope it helps others also on this site . just to say a big thanks to those that did reply to my thread . what thread lock should be used as not used any before thanks

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Pretty sure I found the info in one of the how2's on here, or one of the other Astra forums. Can't lay my hands on it right now though.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
I use red or blue, whatever is closest. Think blue is normal and red is for high temp. I always reuse the bolts, I know you are "supposed" to use new ones but IMO not needed. Its not like they are stretch bolts.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I always reuse the bolts, I know you are "supposed" to use new ones but IMO not needed. Its not like they are stretch bolts.
Wot he said. Even the local VX garage use the same bolts and don't know anyone who has changed them.

Just clean the old thread lock compound off with a wire brush and apply new when refitting.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wot he said. Even the local VX garage use the same bolts and don't know anyone who has changed them.

Just clean the old thread lock compound off with a wire brush and apply new when refitting.
Agreed. I always keep a new set in the garage because it is fairly easy to damage the hexagonal heads (usually when trying to remove), but if yours are fine they only need a clean.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have come across the same thing and have a similar query. So the consensus is threadlock and re use the bolts?

I have struggled to find new bolts do these have to come form vauxhall direct?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts