Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend's job is to hand paint the calipers in situ.

I've already got the degreaser and masking tape in so I picked up Halfords blue caliper paint, Wynn's brake and clutch cleaner and a set of wire brushes.

Planning on degreasing and cleaning the wheel arches, struts, springs etc and detailing the alloys after each caliper has cured. I hope to get all 4 done but if I get the front done at least this weekend, I'll be happy.

Aluminum can Tin Tin can Beverage can Publication

Hood Automotive lighting Blue Motor vehicle Bumper

Wheel Hood Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good pal, reminds me I need to re-do mine.
Cheers 馃憤 Really happy with the colour. It's darker than the original but not a million shades away and, 2 calipers down x 2 coats each and you wouldn't think I'd used any out of the tin - it goes for miles.

I've been looking at the front sub frame while I'm under there and I think it would benefit from a bit of tlc or scrub clean and paint. The car's due it's MOT in June so I may ask if I can take a look while it's up in the air 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not even half a can pal. A little goes a long way!
It's just reminded me to go find my old build thread! Surprised most of the photos are still working 馃槂 - There's a bit in there where I've undersealed the whole chassis too...

馃憤 I will have a read of this tonight (still in my "don't you dare sit on the couch in that" gear 馃榿). Thanks for sharing. I'll have a look at the Bilt Hammer stuff too. I used their stuff to degrease my engine bay and was happy with the outcome. Cheers for the pointers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts