Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
A.O.N. - Events Administrator - (Dawn)
30,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well what can I say! After thinking the weekend was going to be a complete washout, it turned out to be one of the best shows I've ever been to!

I had a fantastic time on the Saturday, convoying with the Scots and North East bunch. Managed not to lose anyone, and picked up an extra enroute :lol: Had some great giggles in the hotel car park and the bar in the evening. Gotta love an evening of free drinks ;)

Couldn't believe the weather when I woke up this morning. What a turn around! I was all packed with wellies, scarves, hats and coats but unfortunately not shorts or suncream :(

I'd like to thank you all for your patience while we were getting the stand set up this morning. It did take longer than normal but everyone was patient and worked with us to get the cars in place. Also I'd like to offer my thanks for everyone getting up so early to be on the stand on time, this is really appreciated :)

There were so many fantastic cars today. The voting was very hard to chose. However, we have to pick winners, so the prizes went to:

Best Newcomer - Lelabell
Best Astra J - Darkrain82
Best Astra H - Danv88
Best Astra G - Mutley
Car of the Show - Larz
Best detailed - jakeyastravan
Wooden Spoon - Kev, for turning up in a Ford Transit

The winner of the quiz was AND181, who won an AON polo shirt. However, as he already has one, he kindly donated this to pierced_dude :)

The competition to guess how many sweets were in the jar, was won by Tasha who guessed 58, when there were actually 57. Enjoy the sweets, but don't eat them all at once :lol:

After deducting the money for the BBQ food. We raised a grand total of £151.21. It would be nice if we could round this up - so if you'd like to donate a little extra, watch out for the thread details :thumbs: I'm sure Macmillan Cancer Support will be very appreciative of the donation :)

I'd like to give a personal thanks to djiceman, blink, antos1968 for bringing supplies. Thanks to Kev and Dave for feeding the hungry hoards all day. But mostly I'd like to thank each and everyone who attended today. As you can guess the staff work very hard behind the scenes and also on the day, however, none of this would be possible if it weren't for our good spirited members. You are a fantastic bunch and really do make these events the success they are.

So thanks once again, and hope to see you all again at Trax :kiss:

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
What a fab show :)
Great organising from all involved and the weather certainly helped make the day better!!
I am well and truely sun burnt and tired... But I had a great time.
Thank u very much :D
(oh and thank u for my award!)

P.S Daive :D

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
was a great day, great stand great people weather was awesome

very tired been up since 3 after 2hours kip

just a bit red time for sleep catch up and food

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Another awesome showing by AON, probably the best club stand that I have ever seen anywhere, so well organised, an unbelievable amount of quality cars and great humour from everyone.

Thanks to everyone who was involved today (Y)

·
Banned
9,638 Posts
Well what can I say! After thinking the weekend was going to be a complete washout, it turned out to be one of the best shows I've ever been to!

I had a fantastic time on the Saturday, convoying with the Scots and North East bunch. Managed not to lose anyone, and picked up an extra enroute :lol: Had some great giggles in the hotel car park and the bar in the evening. Gotta love an evening of free drinks ;)

Couldn't believe the weather when I woke up this morning. What a turn around! I was all packed with wellies, scarves, hats and coats but unfortunately not shorts or suncream :(

I'd like to thank you all for your patience while we were getting the stand set up this morning. It did take longer than normal but everyone was patient and worked with us to get the cars in place. Also I'd like to offer my thanks for everyone getting up so early to be on the stand on time, this is really appreciated :)

There were so many fantastic cars today. The voting was very hard to chose. However, we have to pick winners, so the prizes went to:

Best Newcomer - Lelabell
Best Astra J - Darkrain82
Best Astra H - Danv88
Best Astra G - Mutley
Car of the Show - Larz
Best detailed - jakeyastravan
Wooden Spoon - Kev, for turning up in a Ford Transit

The winner of the quiz was AND181, who won an AON polo shirt. However, as he already has one, he kindly donated this to pierced_dude :)

The competition to guess how many sweets were in the jar, was won by Tasha who guessed 58, when there were actually 57. Enjoy the sweets, but don't eat them all at once :lol:

After deducting the money for the BBQ food. We raised a grand total of £151.21. It would be nice if we could round this up - so if you'd like to donate a little extra, watch out for the thread details :thumbs: I'm sure Macmillan Cancer Support will be very appreciative of the donation :)

I'd like to give a personal thanks to djiceman, blink, antos1968 for bringing supplies. Thanks to Kev and Dave for feeding the hungry hoards all day. But mostly I'd like to thank each and everyone who attended today. As you can guess the staff work very hard behind the scenes and also on the day, however, none of this would be possible if it weren't for our good spirited members. You are a fantastic bunch and really do make these events the success they are.

So thanks once again, and hope to see you all again at Trax :kiss:

Great post dawn ;) glad weather was kind to you and you had great time :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
So glad it went well... Santa pod is very well known for being wet and cold mostly!

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Is it just me or is there no pics of Mutley's G on here anywhere :sus:
I took a photo of every car that was on the stand as of around 10am. I was too knackered to sort them out last night, but will sort them out when I get home tonight (Y)

I also took some video clips of the SE convoy up there, and one or two on the stand. Might mash these together if they turn out to be any good :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
A big thanks to you all for a great time and for making us feel most welcome as it was our first time on the stand cant wait to meet up with you all again and get to know you more and once the shuffling backwards and forwards was sorted out lol:lol: the stand looked amazing thanks again Anto n Keeley

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I took a photo of every car that was on the stand as of around 10am. I was too knackered to sort them out last night, but will sort them out when I get home tonight (Y)

I also took some video clips of the SE convoy up there, and one or two on the stand. Might mash these together if they turn out to be any good :)
chop chop :lol:

·
A.O.N. - Events Administrator - (Dawn)
30,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A big thanks to you all for a great time and for making us feel most welcome as it was our first time on the stand cant wait to meet up with you all again and get to know you more and once the shuffling backwards and forwards was sorted out lol:lol: the stand looked amazing thanks again Anto n Keeley

Great to meet you all too. Your car looks awesome :)

Here being referred to as the whole website not just this thread :p
Andy has posted some pics of Mutleys :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts