Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I currently have vauxhall astra 1.6 sxi black sport hatch - ticking noise was coming from the inlet manifold and is currently in the garage getting fixed.

but i think this is sign for a new car, any suggestions?

I would like following:

Ideally

Saloon
Diesel - With tuning potentional

Currently looking at the Lexus IS220d Sport

anyone got any suggestions?

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Octavia VRS - not very nice looking

I have been looking at the 520d or 525d also been looking at bmw 320d

But the lexus you get a lot for your money - don't really known about the tuning potentional

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
3 Series cannot be ruled out, just drove a E46 320d this evening with 93k on clock and it felt like a new car.

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
I looked into the is220d there isn't much out there power wise for them last i looked nobody had cracked the ecu not sure ire that's still the case

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Octavia is a bit of an ugly duckling if you ask me, pretty much bullet proof VW engineering and great perfomance.

BMW with a remap is a monster and will destroy most things on the road, but pricey.

I'm a big jap fan, but if you want tunning potential look into it seriously, costs big money to get anything out of a jap petrol car, unsure on their diesels.

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
researched into tuning box for lexus a little, my findings..

Lindop Toyota one: £375.00 212 bhp and 470N/m

http://www.lindoptoyota.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67

DTUK: £431.10 205bhp and 470N/m

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-toyota_avensis_2.2-d-4d-d-cat-177ps - not sure about this one?

Speed Buster: euro489 212 bhp and 460N/m

http://www.speed-buster.de/chiptuning-box/chiptuning/lexus/lexus-is/

but from what i hear people saying they don't see those gains but they feel a little difference?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
If you like Beemers what about the Alpina D3 BT; 200 bhp, 0-60 in 7 seconds, 4door saloon. Low emissions (146 i think), 19s as standard...... Quality, reliability, speed and practicality all in one. No mods or mapping needed :eek::eek:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Octavia VRS - not very nice looking

I have been looking at the 520d or 525d also been looking at bmw 320d

But the lexus you get a lot for your money - don't really known about the tuning potentional
My dad has a 2007 520d and has it remapped to around 190bhp. I borrowed it for a month while mine was off the road - it's pretty faultless. Really enjoyed driving that. Would definitely recommend

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
did look at the 120d not my thing.

520d is ok but i think the engine is too small for the car of such weight, it would have to be the 525d if it was the bmw.

I been looking at a VW Passat 2.0tdi 180bhp?

I think at this rate it probably will be the lexus - found a good deal hopefully can go check it out this weekend

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
If you are looking to tune it then don't go anywhere near the Lexus, Jap ECU's are horrible things to deal with and the Japs arent big fans of diesel so there are very little toys available for them and the engines can be very agricultural.

If you want a tunable saloon it has to be VAG or Beemer, just dont bother with the VAG 2.0 180bhp as it doesn't exist :lol: The 2.0's are 140bhp or 170bhp, the 2.5 is 180bhp. The 2.0 170bhp tuned will make the same or more power than the 2.5 (Y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts