Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toying with doing something along these lines in the coming months...
A quick photoshop of what Im hoping it will look like :D

Thoughts and comments please folks?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
if you could get them wheels in a darker Anthracite colour that would look the Dogs Danglies!:thumbs: Loving the slight dish :):)

·
AON - Full Member
3,976 Posts
NOOOOO dont to that willl look crap :shifty:

ok ill be serious, will hate you if you do that :rofl: BBS lm style wheels look awsome on the sporthatch (Y)

·
Registered
26,209 Posts
looks good but has been done to death.

The genuine articles are out of reach for most people so they settle for the crap quality reps.

Black grill looks out of place with those wheels too, i'd be inclined to colour code the grill if you want them wheels

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The genuine articles are out of reach for most people so they settle for the crap quality reps.

Black grill looks out of place with those wheels too, i'd be inclined to colour code the grill if you want them wheels
Done to death on sporthatches? Are you sure, Tbh I havent seen any here yet with LM's :sus:

Have you even seen some of the reps made azza? I know a fella who bought some reps, and tbh they are of very, very good quality.

Obviously things like the grill can be easily sorted to tie in with the look im after.
I honestly dont know how it can be done to death on sporthatches... Maybe on VAG motors yes, but not on Astras thats for sure.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
I like those (Y) but i reckon anthracite or black would make them look amazing :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
You know what I think mate- I'm sorting new wheels for next summer. Dished and Low is the only way to go!! :p

And LM copies sourced locally are of a great quality- my mate steven has them on his airbagged A3 and he has yet to complain about them. They're not exactly cheap either, but yes they are copies and very good examples at that. I looked at BBS wheels before the pro race came up, only thing that put me off was the wobbly nuts but I've kinda come round to them lately.

And leave them silver conrad. Looks fantastic in that pic. Big thumbs up from me. And Aaron I think theres only one astra running BBS LMs in the NI region- located round Jordanstown I think on a black sportshatch- I seem to remember Andy spotting it

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I cant see the pics in work but if its the mods we discussed then they get the (Y) from me :D

Says the person with BK999's - done to death and copies!! But, yes, they work for the Astra...some people like to think outside the box!

Ive seen the "copies" and they are top quality - infact, Ill bet you couldnt tell the difference!!

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
I cant see the pics in work but if its the mods we discussed then they get the (Y) from me :D

Says the person with BK999's - done to death and copies!! But, yes, they work for the Astra...some people like to think outside the box!

Ive seen the "copies" and they are top quality - infact, Ill bet you couldnt tell the difference!!
ha ha quality.... I agree I've seen these on a few VW up here and they look superb quality and I had to look twice (Y)

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Not sure about the alloys, they look chrome to me so don't look right. If you had the original chrome v then it'd tie in and look better in my opinion. (Y)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know what I think mate- I'm sorting new wheels for next summer. Dished and Low is the only way to go!! :p

And LM copies sourced locally are of a great quality- my mate steven has them on his airbagged A3 and he has yet to complain about them. They're not exactly cheap either, but yes they are copies and very good examples at that. I looked at BBS wheels before the pro race came up, only thing that put me off was the wobbly nuts but I've kinda come round to them lately.

And leave them silver conrad. Looks fantastic in that pic. Big thumbs up from me. And Aaron I think theres only one astra running BBS LMs in the NI region- located round Jordanstown I think on a black sportshatch- I seem to remember Andy spotting it
I will be leaving them silver dude if I get them lol :D As said the copies can fetch up to a grand or so. And they are definately a quality finish after seeing some up close, tbh I would find it hard to tell the difference!
Been looking at other dished type wheels, I wonder would a porshe turbo style with abit of a dish work? :p
Oh yes and carbon bits are on! ;)

Yes it is what we discussed last night mate, Lm's, low = WIN!
You know me, Im trying to put my own stamp on MY car, obviously Ill do what I like, but its nice to have the car liked for what Ive done :p

Not sure about the alloys, they look chrome to me so don't look right. If you had the original chrome v then it'd tie in and look better in my opinion. (Y)

The chrome look is just from the wheels I shopped on dude, only pic at a half decent angle I could find to shop them on with :) I can assure you, if I get these wheels they will be kept silver.
The black V grill will either be colour coded, or Ill just get a chrome one and fit it again :) The black only really works with my current wheels :)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
dunno mate think id need to see in person to judge, but then i thought that with gearbox's corsa too. His looked great at the big meet too.

I say go for it aslong as u get a suitable amount of slam on in there too ;-)

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
The chrome look is just from the wheels I shopped on dude, only pic at a half decent angle I could find to shop them on with :) I can assure you, if I get these wheels they will be kept silver.
The black V grill will either be colour coded, or Ill just get a chrome one and fit it again :) The black only really works with my current wheels :)
Well in that case mate, silver wheels and colour coded V makes for stunning looking motor. Gets a :thumbs: from me. :salute:

·
AON - Full Member
3,976 Posts
Azza, They are only done to death cause ive showed you millions of them, and not one was in the UK, they were all in Belgium were that's the style is over there, And Imo you cant comment on settling for replicas (Y)

would be able to get porsche wheels fitting alright with hub converters, know of an astra that use to run them, i was looking at them till i realised how much extra, and how much pain it was going to cause, cause they were 5stud and im only 4stud :( Dont think there's one set of wheels that ive not looked at as an option :lol: Been looking at lms my self recently again black car with gold lms with chrome dish = win :lol: though ill need the xp kit on it then

1 - 20 of 32 Posts