Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new if this has already been posted please tag me in the thread and delete this ! I have been watching youtube videos on people activating cruise control with the stalk, activating the more in depth trip computer (mpg read out etc) with £20 kits on ebay. are these dangerous ive been told 50/50 the last thing I want is to brick up the ecu on my new car, sorry if I seem stupid. its for a facelift 1.6 astra design

·
AON Resident Cynic
14,669 Posts
If they work, they work.

If they don't, they can cost you many many pounds. And there's no support, because it's pirated software.

It's against forum rules to discuss the use of these for good reason: whilst many use them without issue there are some serious horror stories.

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
As Scotty says, Opcom (when it is taken to mean a piece of pirate software) is a taboo topic around here. We've encountered many horror stories. £2500+ of damage is not uncommon. There is a reason that the real deal costs a lot of money

·
Registered
4 Posts
I shelled out for a proper Vaux-Com pricey but I've probably saved a couple of hundred quid in the 2yrs I've had it and it's probably earned me £250.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts