Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After returning home from work at 4:35am on Sunday 23 September, I parked the car outside the house and went to bed.

At 12:30pm on Sunday the 23rd September i went out to the car to go and collect my daughter and found this:

I then found myself in a slightly strange place - a mix of anger :swear: :mad: (6) and grief :'(

I called the police who decided to attend this evening at 7:50pm to tell me there's not much they can do about it.

Gutted is an understatement. :( :'(

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
oh mate, thats a right slnitter.. karma will pay that person a smashing visit one day!!!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Whankers! Thats all ive got to say! If i was you id do a little detective work. Have a chat with the neighbours and ask whose car was parked near yours around that time? Id also keep my eye open for any cars which arent usually round there which may return to visit someone?so you could check if they have any damage? Forgive my ignorance, but how many body repairers are within a 20 mile radius of you? Could be worth a visit to them all on your day off to enquire if anyones come in for a quote for damage to their own car with white paint scraped on it? Id try everything me................id be like a dog with a bone. I wouldnt let go of this easily :swear:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
oh hell no, I hate seeing this kind of thing happening! some people really have no decency about them - damaging peoples property, or in this case pride and joy, and then just shrugging it off and vanishing from the scene :( Hope it doesn't hurt the wallet too badly for you

·
Registered
292 Posts
The more i see things like this the more i think insurers should fit cctv to cars free, like theyve been doing in the USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
Really sorry to hear this Andy, though I'm sure it'll be back to good as new quickly!

I had the odd thought that I'll bet it was a little old lady who hasn't even realised :(

1 - 20 of 53 Posts