Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread was initially going to be like this...

I sprayed my bootstrip black myself but it flaked off. This is how it looked on the car:

I got my wheels refurbed and asked them to do the bootstrip too. That was around 4 months ago...

Anyway I've kind of liked having the chrome strip on there:

Moving on, after 4 months I finally got my boot strip back. I went to fit it today but it wouldn't go on! When I compared it to my chrome one the tabs are in a different place.

It's definitely not the one I left them with!

So either, they've made a genuine mistake and got mine confused with someone elses. I can't imagine a wheel shop spraying many boot strips though.

OR

They lost it and thought they could cover it up!

I've called them up but the guy who dealt with me isn't there today. If he denies it what can I do?

Here's the pics to show the difference in strips. The chrome one is on the bottom (i think!)

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,718 Posts
This thread was initially going to be like this...

I sprayed my bootstrip black myself but it flaked off. This is how it looked on the car:

I got my wheels refurbed and asked them to do the bootstrip too. That was around 4 months ago...

Anyway I've kind of liked having the chrome strip on there:

Moving on, after 4 months I finally got my boot strip back. I went to fit it today but it wouldn't go on! When I compared it to my chrome one the tabs are in a different place.

It's definitely not the one I left them with!

So either, they've made a genuine mistake and got mine confused with someone elses. I can't imagine a wheel shop spraying many boot strips though.

OR

They lost it and thought they could cover it up!

I've called them up but the guy who dealt with me isn't there today. If he denies it what can I do?

Here's the pics to show the difference in strips. The chrome one is on the bottom (i think!)

check the part numbers, if they have lost it looks like they may have tried to swap it for a 5dr since i think they are the only ones that have different lug locations, but same general shape.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone was having trouble finding a boot strip for their 3 door not long ago, all the ones they got had the lugs in the wrong place. There is a reg written on the strip and its from a 55 plate. It said invalid reg when I did a search though. Its exactly the same length its just the lugs are in the wrong place!

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
They have given you a painted 5door one... The 3door one is fatter (which the chrome one is), and the angle of the strip around the release button is completely different...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts