Astra Owners Network banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yeah well once the new wheels are on ill be posting up a 'progress thread' for all you aon guys :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just fitted some Irmscher plate holders for the front and back with some pressed metal reg plates :)
Also finally took delivery of my AON stickers (Y)

·
888 Posts
Looks very good.

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
hi mate can i ask what coilovers is it that you have. i just got a 5dr and im liken the way your car is sitting looks tidy?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
hi mate can i ask what coilovers is it that you have. i just got a 5dr and im liken the way your car is sitting looks tidy?
Hi pal, its on JOM coilovers. There only £190 from http://www.venommotorsport.com/ with everythin included. The back is wound all the way down but with the adaptors still in so i could lower the back even more if i wanted to and the front still has about 6/7 turns left if you want it sitting stupidly low ha!

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Hi pal, its on JOM coilovers. There only £190 from http://www.venommotorsport.com/ with everythin included. The back is wound all the way down but with the adaptors still in so i could lower the back even more if i wanted to and the front still has about 6/7 turns left if you want it sitting stupidly low ha!
Spot on bud thats the one's i have been looking at but seem very cheap and not sure how they would be but must admit looks spot on on your car. what like is the ride and how is it with speed bumps?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Spot on bud thats the one's i have been looking at but seem very cheap and not sure how they would be but must admit looks spot on on your car. what like is the ride and how is it with speed bumps?
Yer they are very cheap but are made bu the same people that make FK coilivers and simply change the colour and sticker! The ride is what is expected on coilivers.. alot more solid but after a few weeks they start to settle which mine are still doing! The handling is simply so much better! Over speed bumps the Astra's take the drop very well! I have a friend with the same coilovers on a VW Bora which is sitting higher than mine and has smashed a sump, had to put in engine raisers and notched the chasis, where as I havnt grounded out once except for the rubber splitter on the front bumper when going into my driveway :) Definately worth buying!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just fitted my angel eyes :) Only took about an hour to fit, most fiddly part was changing the leds in the halo's!!

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Yer they are very cheap but are made bu the same people that make FK coilivers and simply change the colour and sticker! The ride is what is expected on coilivers.. alot more solid but after a few weeks they start to settle which mine are still doing! The handling is simply so much better! Over speed bumps the Astra's take the drop very well! I have a friend with the same coilovers on a VW Bora which is sitting higher than mine and has smashed a sump, had to put in engine raisers and notched the chasis, where as I havnt grounded out once except for the rubber splitter on the front bumper when going into my driveway :) Definately worth buying!!
Ah ok well if made by fk then would think be decent enough in that case so def think this is the direction i will be heading then. thanks very much for the info think will have to ask for some more overtime to get the pennys toghether :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Ah ok well if made by fk then would think be decent enough in that case so def think this is the direction i will be heading then. thanks very much for the info think will have to ask for some more overtime to get the pennys toghether :D
haha no probs man :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Just an update as I haven't updated my thread for a long time! Got a few pictures to show how the car looks now and some pictures taken recently at Anglesey Race Circuit.

Fitted fly eyes to the rear lights

Boomerang armrest

Got bored on a sunday afternoon with some vinyl wrap ha!

How it sits on the fronts

No chance parking up against kerbs ha!

Here's a few pictures from Anglesey Race Circuit

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Aup matey loving how low your car is, just on my quest to drop mine now in time for trax. Are these the ones you bought by any chance?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FK-AK-STREET-Coilovers-Vauxhall-Astra-H-2004-2010-/280882672527?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4165e9738f#ht_1261wt_922

cheers mate.
yerr mate ther the ones, had mine on for just under a year now and had no problems with them at all. If you want it as low as mine you will need to take out the adapters out the rears because it never sat low enough for me on the back which made it look very nose heavy ha! very recommended tho!

21 - 40 of 72 Posts