Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the AON
Thought i'd get the ball rolling by posting a thread about my 5 door H.
Bought the car in August 2011, it was a completely standard 57 Plate 1.6 Design.
Heres a few pics from standard.

After only a few days I fitted led side lights and my 8K HID kit into the dipped beam which I think is a must as standard halogens are just awful! I also fitted led bulbs into the reg plate, and all of the interior courtesy lights!

I then had my windows tinted all round, on all the back windows iv got 5% limo black and on the fronts iv got 70% just to be safe, I know its still illegal but just gives it a slight edge.

My car had the 3 line display but unfortunatley did not have the full trip computer i.e range, mpg e.c.t so I went to my local Vaux dealer and had this activated via tech 2 :)

My next mod was to fit a Vibe Black Air sub, but I didnt want to ruin the piano black interior by buying a tacky head unit, so decided to stay standard and to eliminate any interference as I wired from the rear speakers I bought a FLI Line Level Convertor, so I still get good quality from my sub whilst still using the standard headunit :)

Next I covered my foglights in yellow Lamin-X to try stand out from the crowd and personally think it gives a bit of a euro look and also fitted the corsa VXR indictaor surrounds :)

Next to give a nice bright yellow beam from the foglights I decided to a 4K Hid kit which in my opinion looks great at day and night and works really well when it is actually foggy :lol:
I also fitted

Next I decided to de-badge the rear and sides and just hated the chrome boot strip so bought so 3M carbon vinyl rap and covered it in that which I think really changes the look of the rear of the car!

I then decided I wanted to change the front end of the car by colour coding the chrome front grill which makes the car look alot more fresh!

Next I took an idea from the Astra Elite and fitted cruise control ;) I fitted the stalk myslef (2 second job) and after alot of bother from different vaux dealers beacuse it apparently "could not be done!" I finally had it activated via tech-2, I adore the cruise control and on a 450 mile round trip to london and back it was superb!

Next was to fit my k&N induction kit which sounds really nice low down and at 4000 revs when you put down it starts to howl! :love:

Next it was time for new wheels and coilovers! I didnt have the money to fork out on 4 new vxr wheels, tyres and coilovers so I bought some really good quality 18" VXR replicas that are gunmetal grey on the inserts with a diamond cut face which look really good at day and night!! That very same day I picked up my brand new coilovers and had them fitted the same day!
Im really happy with the way it is currently sitting as it is nice and low and only get a tiny bit of scrubbing on full lock whilst driving up an incline.
I also had a custom stainless steel back box fitted to give a bit of a better lower sound and better looks from the rear.
Here are a few pictures of the way its currently lookng on its new wheels and lowered ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers :) jus ordered my team heko wind deflectors and some metal pressed plats with the irmy holders :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Tut you've took my idea myns lowered 45mm and its silver and its going on vxr replica black alloys next Sunday :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tut you've took my idea myns lowered 45mm and its silver and its going on vxr replica black alloys next Sunday :)
Sorry pal haha :( I was looking at black vxr reps on the ebay but the quality so is so poor so paid a bit more from a place near me and got them which are alot better quality with proper centre caps :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yeahh I'm getting mine off a lad on here but I'm not 100percent see if they'll rub or not as my front end is real low :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Looking good dude :) reminds me of my old car

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yerr my front has dropped even more than in the pics as theyv only been on 3/4 weeks :) im runnin 225/40/18 n im fine :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
That's okay then I'm on 17s atm with 225/45q7s and its real close haha can you get 3 people in the back without it rubbing??

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's okay then I'm on 17s atm with 225/45q7s and its real close haha can you get 3 people in the back without it rubbing??
Yer its fine :) the coilies are wound all the way down on the backs but still got the adaptors in and its still fine :) they take the drops really well compared to alot of other cars!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
See I'm on springs and original shockers so do you think it will sit okay with people in the back?? or rub??

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
See I'm on springs and original shockers so do you think it will sit okay with people in the back?? or rub??
All depends on how stiff they are compared to coilies, obv my ride will be alot stiffer so having passengers in the back doesnt really affect how low it sits or how it rolls in the corners, just have to try it out and hope for the best :) will look murderd on black vxrs :cool:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yeahh I thought that, silver car on black alloys always looks good, and vicer versa black car and silver alloys look good too :)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts