Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Finally set enough cash aside to fix my car after the body kit was stolen.
Took some pics before I lock it away in my garage :sus:

Things I did -
painted black boot strip and grill strip
Fitted Eyebrows
Replaced bumper with VXR replica front bumper+ genuine grill and fogs
Replaced rear spoiler with NKTuning spoiler
Henko wind deflectors

Before pics.

After pics.

:yum:

·
Registered
14,376 Posts
lovely motor mate....looks stunning !...and what the hell your bodykit was stolen? as in literally from your car or you mean you had it in pieces and someone ran off with it :lol:?

also is that the vxr spoiler?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Very nice looking motor - Quick question though... am I going absolutely nuts or did you not have your Astra wrapped in white before?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Cheers guys

Very nice, dont suppose you have a link to where you got the front bumper from?

And was it ok to fit??
Thanks. Garage that I took it said it was the best fibreglass plastic bumper they had seen.

http://www.nktuning.com/Astra_MK5__Astra_H-k421-0-3-default.html

lovely motor mate....looks stunning !...and what the hell your bodykit was stolen? as in literally from your car or you mean you had it in pieces and someone ran off with it :lol:?

also is that the vxr spoiler?
Thanks man, not sure if it is a vxr spoiler, thought the vxr had the same spoiler as SRI. Yeh ********, nicked the spoiler and front splitter, I'm sure they would have come after the skirts aswell, but I've set up a camera and security light. Not going to tempt them though so I've spent the week clearing my garage to make room for the car.
more pics

Very nice looking motor - Quick question though... am I going absolutely nuts or did you not have your Astra wrapped in white before?
Cheers. And nope, maybe that was another Don ;)

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
VXR spoiler raises in the centre and has a proud point running front to back as per the centre line of the car, where as the xp spoiler is more subtle and follows to smooth lines of the car.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Looking spot on fella :thumbs:

Shame to hear your original kit was stolen :(... That replica bumper looks pretty good (Y)

The SRi/XP spoilers and VXR spoilers are different... Your's looks like an Irmscher one?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Looking spot on fella :thumbs:

Shame to hear your original kit was stolen :(... That replica bumper looks pretty good (Y)

The SRi/XP spoilers and VXR spoilers are different... Your's looks like an Irmscher one?
Thanks, yeh I think it's a replica Irmscher

I'm having second thoughts about the rear strip now, think I liked it better in chrome :look:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
look awesome mate. Out of interest whats the quality like of the nktuning spoiler?
Thanks

It's pretty good, it's hollow and made from plastic. The garage did have to smooth out the line where the two halves of the spoiler are joined. The first garage I went to wouldn't do it, so make sure if you ask if they will do it otherwise when they paint it you will still be able to see the join line.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 131 Posts