Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title, when I set the CRD2+ to Map 3 on 0 and at 10%, intermittently around 4th or 5th or even 6th gear when I floor the gas pedal, the spanner light comes on and there seems no boost, as if something cuts out, but it doesn't restrict me from driving at 40mph (is that limp home mode?), I then switch off ignition and restart engine and it's okay again, only done this twice on me but I've not booted it that many times, if I accelerate gradually in the gears instead of flooring it, then it pulls away just fine across a wider rev range... is this a result of the box? Or is this highlighting a problem with my vehicle?

·
15,092 Posts
I suspect it'll either be a boost pressure or fuel pressure code. Try the pedal test and tell us what the ECN number is (Y)

·
Registered
685 Posts
have you got a induction kit onit? my mates corsa used to get the spanner light on when he had his induction kit on and floored it...just a thought

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hmmm, I'll try the pedal test shortly however I have an bluetooth OBD device and Torque and it detected no fault codes earlier, I will try the pedal test though and report back ;)

Just did pedal test and got ECN (?) 000175 I think

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh thank you! If it gives that error with Map 3 0% and Map 3 +10%, does that mean my vehicle will never support these two forever? Or will it adapt? Like the Borg... lol

·
15,092 Posts
The ECU does apparently learn so give it time to settle in on another map and try it again later. :shrug:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay that's brilliant thank you.

Finally, I read somewhere that all 4 maps on the CRD2+ result in the same amount of power (when set to 0%) but the power delivery differs between them, but I've also read that Map 1 is for beginners and has less power than Map 2... which has less power than Map 3 and so on... do you know which one is correct?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
As title, when I set the CRD2+ to Map 3 on 0 and at 10%, intermittently around 4th or 5th or even 6th gear when I floor the gas pedal, the spanner light comes on and there seems no boost, as if something cuts out, but it doesn't restrict me from driving at 40mph (is that limp home mode?), I then switch off ignition and restart engine and it's okay again, only done this twice on me but I've not booted it that many times, if I accelerate gradually in the gears instead of flooring it, then it pulls away just fine across a wider rev range... is this a result of the box? Or is this highlighting a problem with my vehicle?
moral of the story?...if you want a more powerful car then buy a more powerful car as standard, and don't buy a cdti #crap

·
Registered
273 Posts
This true.....I've had Evo's, Scoobys, RS Fords and loved them all. Getting to Wales and back and then driving back and forth to work on the same 60 quids worth of fuel when I still have 200hp under the lid still makes me smile..... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts