Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to put my own thread up, to thank everyone for today :)

This was my first show with AON, and the first time I have met most of you, and it was brilliant!

Was great to see the SE bunch once again, interesting things always happen around them :p... But it was really fantastic to meet so many new people! I chat with so many of you on the forum, and a few off it too, without having actually met most of you :lol:, and it was great to finally meet these people in person!

I didn't say hello to everyone, as I am quite quiet around new people, but it's not going to be the last you will see of me at shows :p

The weather couldn't have been better, and I was very proud to have my car on an AON stand for the first time :D

So thank you again everyone, from the organisers to the people who came to support the club and everyone in between :thumbs:

Regards,
Ian :wave:

·
A.O.N. - Events Administrator - (Dawn)
30,097 Posts
Great to meet you Ian. Even though you never got around to inspecting my tail pipe for real :p

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to meet you Ian. Even though you never got around to inspecting my tail pipe for real :p
You too Dawn :)

:lol:, I'll make sure I give it a proper once over at Trax then ;)

I made sure I had a sneaky look ;), and it was looking cleaner than when I saw it in the morning when it was filthy :p

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Good to meet you Ian, lose that quietness at Trax, maybe with the help of a couple of pre-show beverages at the hotel :D

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
A.O.N. - Events Administrator - (Dawn)
30,097 Posts
I'm also going to say a major thanks to you lot as today was Awesome :D

Had an awesome time, Legs died around 3 times and all the cars were awesome :p

I have around 100 photos and 30 Videos to upload :)

Thanks again everyone!!
Good to meet you too, glad you had fun :)

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Was nice to meet you as well small_good_ian even if it was only briefly :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
We are renaming Ian. Can we change his username to "The Lost BosnIan" ??

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
For those not in the know..

Ian: My sat nav is saying we should come off at this junction!
Lottie: Mine says carry on down this road
Djiceman: So does mine
Ian: Let's follow mine!

Ian then veers off down the junction, so we all follow.
Up the the roundabout, turn right. Next roundabout, turn round and go back to first roundabout. Straight over this roundabout. Drive for about a mile and then turn round... then back over the roundabout, turn left, then follow round some industrial estate.

Danielh: WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY TAKING US?!
Me: I have absolutely no idea, but there's the hotel on the otherside of the dual carriageway
Danielh: Why are we here then? My sat nav said go straight on and they went left!

:rofl:

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
hahaha oh how i love Sat Navs, there should be a program called "sat navs do the strangest thing :lol:
I got the job of getting John, Chris and Tash back to the motorway last night. It should have been easy as I've never had a problem before, but this time the nav decided to go a totally different way, I grew suspicious when I saw signs leading us back to the pod :lol: Good old street signs guided me home instead

1 - 20 of 23 Posts