Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not in Essex sorry. Reading Berkshire and have full TECH II.
Also have GM GlobalTIS so can so software updates.

I added Cruise to my SRi just last week. So nice on the motorways now !.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reading isn't a million miles away if that's the closest. Would be worth the drive once I've got all the mods installed and it's just a case of having them turned on. Got a rain/light sensor to install and need to check I've got a clutch switch as I've installed the cruise stalk.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What's the benefit of updating software?
Correcting bugs and issues that were in previous engine software.
GM seemed to do a lot of updates on these. For example the Petrol Z18XER is currently on V248 software.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks pal. If it comes to it I'll just have to make the trip and get it all switch on at the same time.

So far its auto lights/wipers (just need to wire in the sensor which I think wires into the interior light and the rec?), cruise control (just need to check it has a clutch switch fitted) and front fogs (trying to get hold of an original front fog loom as I could find any pre installed wiring for fogs anywhere despite everything I read saying that all models had the wiring fitted) that need switching on.

Can anti-hijack be turned on? And did any H's have the function that turns the lights on/off when you unlock the car with the fob?

·
Registered
758 Posts
What vehicle have you got bud? When it comes to anti hi jack Tech2 can not do this as it is disabled in the module. A genuine opcom can do this you can buy cheap clone ones of eBay but I would not recommend them as they are *****. You can wire dogs in to the UEC it’s a bit of a fad but it can be done.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a 08 astra H van 1.7 cdti. Yeah I read something about gm disabling the anti hijack after problems with the locks due to the amount of locking/unlocking.

Wiring them in at the uec do they still work off of the headlight switch? I replaced mine with one with the auto/ front fog function so ideally I'd like to run it off of that.

Thanks, I'll give them a look.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah sorry I meant I bought the auto one for the auto lights n wipers as well as the fog switch. Mines a sportive but it didn't have fogs as standard. Where do the fogs usually wire in?

·
Registered
758 Posts
There’s a how to on here some where mate have a look at the sticky’s I’ll try and find it for you though as far as I can remember you just buy the dogs surrounds and then wire them into the UEC then program then with tech2 I did it years ago on a sportive and worked of the switch a treat.

·
Registered
758 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the link. Yeah that looks like it's installing its own relay. I've been on to a few breakers trying to get hold of a loom. Hopefully that wires into the uec and the wiring to the switch is already in place 🤞 and it's just a case of turning them on. It's bound to be more complicated than that but we'll see.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts