Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AON Club Member Christina
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My left rear turn signal and Brake light, and the upper center brake light blew. I replaced the bulbs and the upper brake light in the hatch and it was all working.

It only lasted a few weeks before it blew again. One day when I was scraping snow and ice off the car I could hear like a buzzing sound at the hatch brake light, so I am assuming its a wiring issue somewhere, because I have since replaced the tail light turn signal bulb and the brake light bulb and they still dont work. I didnt replace the upper hatch light yet as I'd have to order them in.

The bulbs are fine the bulbs themselves arent blown. I even replaced the whole tail light housing in case it was an issue with the housing itself. Still not working. The left indicator flashes fast now for the front but doesnt work in the rear. The other bulbs in the tail light housing work. (Reverse light, or A in the attached pic, and Tail lamp or B in the attached pic). Its only bulb C (Tail lamp/Stop lamp/Turn signal lamp) and the upper center hatch brake light that do not work.

Anyone have any wiring diagrams for these lights so I can figure out where the problem is or has anyone experienced this and know the solution?

Thanks for your help! Ive attached pics of what works and what doesnt. The upper corner and lower corner bulbs (the PY21W bulbs) are not used here in our tail lights (I believe one is a rear fog light i dont know what the other is but rear fogs are not used in canada).

·
AON Club Member Christina
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have pm'd you some drgs
They appear to share the same ground E17.
Got them, thanks! Steers me in the right direction! Same ground same back and yellow wire into the rec so I'll start with those.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Got them, thanks! Steers me in the right direction! Same ground same back and yellow wire into the rec so I'll start with those.
The common ground point is E17 and according to the legend is:
E17 - Location near rear left hand light.
The cable colour denotes brown.

Good luck and keep your thread updated, may help others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts