Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has already been done on a lot of other threads but they all seem to be posted a while ago and missing the pictures that I could of done with seeing. Basically I want to do the horn upgrade on my 59 plate sxi as the current one is awful! I know there is supposed to be a second connector on the wiring loom tucked away somewhere, so I can connect the dual tone horns but for the life of me I can't find it. I noticed that in my car's service history the CIM recall had previously been done so was wondering if this second connector could have had been removed then ?

Also the price of the parts needed (using the part numbers off the useful parts sticky) appears to have pretty much doubled, as I was quoted near enough £60 from the main dealer, so was wondering where would be the best place to get the parts cheaper ? Tried ebay and not much luck on there!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331938270162
Like that?
Can always go to the scrappy for the plug, and take it back far enough to get a decent splice on the irigional plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
looks like that one yeah cheers! presume that style fit fine on a 3 door ? was checking the main dealers again today and one wanted £59.99 for each of the horns!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, the second connector won't have been removed
Do you know where its usually located then ? had it up on a jack today to have a proper look and couldn't find it anywhere took a couple of pictures that I could post if it helps ?

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Need to drop the bumper, it on the passenger side iirc, just in front of the radiator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts