Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
im looking at purchasing one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD720P-Sm...ders_Cards&hash=item19d05a6137#ht_10243wt_802

Well actually one that is hard wired so if anyone has seen any better let me know
question is though I already have 2 headrest monitors running off the switched live at the cig lighter so where else could I pick up a switched live from or would it still be ok to run everything from there or install a relay???
John

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
4 pole relay, 1 pole to battery, 1 pole to earth, 1 pole to the switched live and the other pole feeds out to your items

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Always play safe and use a relay.

I run my screens off one, reverse camera and other items.

Never run high power units off a very low power feed, the very popular live feed you find next to the 12v accessory power point is not made for this kind of power output use.

This is one way of becoming another statistic in the thousands of car fires each year coursed by poor tapping into the car electric’s.

Four pin relay

Pin: 30 Power in from battery. (Running an appropriate inline fuse is advised if feed is direct from the battery, always fit the fuse no more than 12” or so from the cars battery)

Pin: 87 Item you’re going to power.

Pin: 86 Ground/Earth point.

Pin: 85 Low current ignition switched positive power source (black wire people find next to the cigarette lighter socket for instance)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
30Amp relay would be fine (that’s 360w max) DVD head rest screens are around 9w, that camera will be 5 or 6w max.
1mm if you have it is great. I use a 10amp inline fuse for my screens etc. from the car battery input feed to the relay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts