Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My first post to the network has to be about the dreaded Swirl Flaps Code P110963.
I am new to Vauxhall in general, Only ever owned 2 x Austin minis before this, prompted to buy a diesel for
motorway miles.
Anyway to the point, I was coming home from picking the girlfriend up from work 2 days ago, when the car
went into limp mode. Pedal test come back with code above. Forgot to say the car is only 3 weeks old in my possession.
Astra 1.9 CDti 120 16v current mileage 115k.
Now I had a look down towards the manifold to find the bar across the top had come off, and there was slight build up
of oil sat on the top. I am not very savvy with newer cars, as like I said above (mini owner) but I was just wondering if someone can help.
I have been to a few mechanics throughout town and all have given a shrug to either imply 'they have no Idea what they are on about, or they wont touch it'! I understand it can be expensive to fix, but I just need some honest and helpful feedback so I can hurry up and buy the parts I need.
I am under the assumption that I will need to replace both the Inlet Manifold & the Actuator ''Due to its memory saving ability''
but Im not sure what else I will need... OR... is there some other way of fixing it. There is no black smoke, its practically a smoke free engine which is good.
Full service History, All Mot's from New and 2nd Owner.. Its been well looked after so just want to get it sorted.

Hope you can help..

Thanks

D

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,719 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,092 Posts

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,719 Posts
ah right, not sure what right you have under a private sale for that kind of thing.

But as said, if you need help, recommended garages and approx costs, someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for your support already! sound chaps...

Currently am working on getting prices from the above Posts (link)! My late father used to manage a parts company in the North East,
So they are going to sort me out very cheaply so it will be just labour really. The support is making it much easier to deal with :)

Will upload Pics of motor very soon :)

Its completely stock.. was thinking of putting some Astra Turbo 17" on it but not sure if they fit or what they'll look like.

cheers

D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts