Astra Owners Network banner

Suspension and wheels

375 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  HERC 
#1 ·
Areet new to the site, only had me car a few weeks now as well.

Got an 07 Asrta SRi CDTi 150

Im looking to lower it first? A mate said coilovers all the way with them being adjustable i can get it as low as possible with out any rubbing.
What do you think?

Also to throw another thing in to it after the winter i want to get a set of 19s on there as well

any help would be great cheers

#2 ·
I would say to decide what you want before you buy either suspension or wheels. If you want really low buy the coilovers and not the 19s and wind the coilovers down. Or you could get Eibach springs and then the 19s (GNasher has these on his VXR and it looks great and still has a nice ride).

Hope this helps

Rob

#3 ·
springs it is cause i want 19s for next summer.

I had my hand down the back of the front wheel and there doesnt seem to be alot of room between the top of the tyre and the buttom of the suspension spring. Are the VXRs the same as the SRIs? have you got a pic of that VXR wth 19s?

has any 1 dont a SRI 150 on 19s and on springs?

cheers

#4 ·
I do know of people who have put 19's (Standard VXR ones) on their CDTi 150's so it's definitely possible.

I've used Eibach sportlines on mine (50mm front and 30mm rear lowering although less on a VXR as it's lower anyway) and they are spot on. Not bone jarringly hard but definitely stiffen it up - virtually no body roll either.

The only thing some people have said is that with the diesel engine being slightly heavier, that you might be better off getting the Eibach Pro kit. There are people out there running the Sportlines with no problems though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.