Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice here, was thinking about lowering and fitting new shaockers to my Astra SRi cdti1.9 150 as its on standard suspension at the moment. i've been looking around and it seems that eibach spings seem to be a good choice as iam only thinking about lowering it around 30mm so i can still safetly get into my drive. And also i've seen a few people on about the IDS+ system on their cars but wasn't sure if it was on mine, can't see any wires coming off the shockers but iam not sure?

your opinions would be much appriciated thanks!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
for the IDS, when you turn the ignition on watch for IDS to light up in green and then go out, if you see it then you had IDS, if not then you don't have it... or like mine, if its yellow then you have it but you've disconnected it and are on the hunt for someone with Tech 2 to turn it off :)

As for the springs, Eibach Sportlines are a good safe choice, they have a good reputation in the community too which always helps. Additionally there are DAP-R's which I've seen a few recommendations for and I had a set of Bilstein springs from the B12 kit on for a little while too which was plenty happy with

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill have a look next time i start the car but iam pritty sure that the light doesn't show up, yeah seen that the DAP-R's are quite popular aswell. Don't want to be spending over the odds on it tho haha thanks for the reply!

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - S.W region (S
4,230 Posts
If your after a subtle drop then try some VXR springs, good drop but not comprising ride height. Can pick them up for around £50. There are some in the for sale section

1 - 4 of 4 Posts