Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theres quite a long story to this... driving in the rain the other day, i managed to slide my car straight into a kerb, wasnt actually going to fast.. anyways had to call breakdown service, because my wheel was hanging out of the arch..
the next day i had a look and the wishbone was destroyed.. any mechanic would have had a laugh at it.. anyway eagerly replaced this, to find that my car till had a negative camber to it. i was confused, then checked the front subframe over and noticed a 'ding' in it where the wishbone joins the subframe. im pretty sure i could replace this within a day, just wondered if anyone coul tell me , is the astra G subframe the same as the astra h? if not, do the other engine sizes of the astra g have the same subframe? e.g. are the 1.4 and 1.6 the same as the 1.8?

any help greatly appreciated, really need ma car back on the road soon as!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Charlie,

Sorry to hear about your car. I can't help you with subframe question but I did exactly the same thing as you in the snow at a low speed and had wishbone, subframe and wheel bearing replaced. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Jack

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dam annoying isnt it! how much did all the repairs cost? i just got quoted 200 for labour, fitting and such, so id still have to the buy the replacement part as well!!!! from the looks of it though seems like a pretty straightforward job

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I can do anything on a motorbike but when it comes to cars I ain't got a clue so put it in a garage for repairs.

£500 in total for all the work. New subframe, wishbone, wheel bearing and possibly a few other little bits. Can't believe how much damage was done for such a slow impact, must of been the way it caught the kurb. And your right, very annoying!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts