Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right come on, i am editing this post as i need help with this noise.

When the car is in nuteral, i can here a slight vibrating.

When i put the car into gear and lift the clutch slighty the noise goes away.

WHAT THE HELL IS IT... someone must know. :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
could be a few things. try reving the engine up not too much when in neutral does it go away.

could be a few things
engine mountings. flywheel out of balance.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When reving in nuetral you can only hear the vibrating as soon as you lift off the accelerator.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It most probably your thrust bearing or your clutch plate bud! if it goes away when you press the clutch its your thrust bearing 100%

·
Registered
299 Posts
if you say you know nothing about engs n stuff i would take it to a garage. but if you are feeling manish buy a haynes and have a go.

·
15,092 Posts
What engine have you got?

If it's a 1.9 then it's almost certainly the dual mass flywheel. The bearings in them go noisy and it changes noise with clutch pedal position.

This is an expensive job if you're not in warranty...
The bits alone are over £500 and there's 5 hours labour to get the box on and off.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What engine have you got?

If it's a 1.9 then it's almost certainly the dual mass flywheel. The bearings in them go noisy and it changes noise with clutch pedal position.

This is an expensive job if you're not in warranty...
The bits alone are over £500 and there's 5 hours labour to get the box on and off.
Car is in warrenty so if its this. This is replaced for free then?

·
AON Resident Cynic
14,669 Posts
Sounds a bit like the DMF mate... although most of the symptoms I've heard of tend to be vibrating when the foot is on the clutch, and not in neutral.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Car is booked in for Tuesday Morning...

No doubt i will need to fork out for a new Clutch.

·
Registered
607 Posts
yep its the dualmass flywheel, mine does it, but i cant be bothered to get it fixed as it doesnt bother me that much, its not broken just noisey, its a very common problem and loads of people have had it!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts