Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few months my H has made a strange noise when going in reverse. It goes into gear fine (no odd noise from gearbox or clutch) but when moving back after a metre or so there is a tinny-sounding clonking/clicking noise from the underside of the car, like the sound of a thin piece of metal catching on something. It does it wherever I reverse and makes the noise only the once. A similar sound has also started appearing when I move foward (I am not confusing this with the ABS initialising, this is a totally different sound). The noise seems come from around the front of the exhaust/manifold area but nothing is loose and there are no signs of anything else untoward. Again, it only makes the noise once and only at low speeds, sounding just like a piece of metal is being "pinged".

Can anybody shed some light on this please?:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am getting the same noise in reverse on my 1.7 cdti van . Its a little random some times ,mainly when changing from forward gears to reverse quickly. The noise seems to be from the center/rear of the car.:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts