Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all hopefully one of you can help me out here.
I have a weird problem with the Zaffy B. When I get on the motorway and get up some speed. I put it into 6th gear and the car starts to judder. It always seems to be around 2600 revs. I have been able to get the same problem in 5th but seems less severe.
If i drop down a cog the problem goes away as the revs lift. Trouble is it doesn't do it every time so will be difficult to reproduce at VX.
I have ruled out wheel balancing and the car isn't showing any warning lights during the problem so at a bit of a loss really.
Would appreciate any input. Cheers. :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies gents. Will look into both. The car has plenty of warranty left so it would be good to nail it down and get VX to sort it. Cheers. Cooky.(Y)

·
Registered
211 Posts
2600rpm in 6th is about 75 80? How old is the car and what is the mileage?
Mine started doing it at around 35000 miles. Feels like there are ripples in the road.
A mate's 150 zaffy did it the other week, he was towing a caravan. i told him to let it rev for 15 minutes by keeping it in a lower gear and it cured it

·
Registered
211 Posts
:eek:

anyhow, revving mine for several minutes cures it, so I am happy at that. It's done 48000 miles, going in for a service in a couple of weeks, I am trying to blag an EGR valve off them under warranty :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Northern bloke that is the best description you could have written. Nail on the head mate it is like there is ripples on the road. The car is less than 12 months old and only 12k on the clock. I took it for 2 new front tyres yesterday day which stung me for £230. Ouch!! Had all the wheels balanced at the same time and the car is driving much better.
Pretty sure this is not what was causing the problem but has got rid of a bit of wheel vibration I had. Will try giving it a good thrashing next time I get the fault. Bit of a nightmare really as impossible to make the car do it when I want to show someone.
Appeciate all the replies guys will keep you all updated. :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts