Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, as you can see by the pictures, my car is covered in stone chips! I have tried this "Chipex" product and it just didn't work at all.. Could be me doing it wrong, but it's hard to know.. They didn't get back to my email so may need to ring them!

But yea, I've been told using a black wax could possibly help? Every time i wax the car it may sit in the chips and help to blend them in more, but off course this is temp fix every time i clean the car.

Any ideas? :\ Thanks

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mines like that. am contemplating a re spray. vaux paint is really soft its poo

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mines like that. am contemplating a re spray. vaux paint is really soft its poo
Same, but i paid £5700 for the car and a respray (decent) your looking at 1000+ :\ Not sure if it's worth it, over time it's just going to appear again. I just need something to keep on top of them!

·
Registered
299 Posts
There are some how tos iv seen that you touch it up, get a blob of paint and with a fine grade sand paper bring it smooth and polish it. Still noticeable but no where near as bad.

Here is a link it's on another forum but is excellent:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=153965

·
Registered
686 Posts
vaux quoted me £150 per panel so not that dear and they said they could do the 2 front wings for £100 each, get it done in bits, so £500 for the front end at vaux!! poss cheaper at a decent small bodyshop

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Same, but i paid £5700 for the car and a respray (decent) your looking at 1000+ :\ Not sure if it's worth it, over time it's just going to appear again. I just need something to keep on top of them!
Don't necessarily need to get the whole car resprayed though. When I fitted my VXR bumper, I got it fully prepped and painted for £150 by a local bodyshop. :shrug:

I'm yet to get a quote on the bonnet, but that needs doing as well. I've gone some mahoosive stone chips on my bonnet that make yours look like pin holes. :lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't necessarily need to get the whole car resprayed though. When I fitted my VXR bumper, I got it fully prepped and painted for £150 by a local bodyshop. :shrug:

I'm yet to get a quote on the bonnet, but that needs doing as well. I've gone some mahoosive stone chips on my bonnet that make yours look like pin holes. :lol:
That does make me feel better haha, i bought a polishing machine thing and used that on the bonnet, surprisingly with the black wax it helps cover them up slightly

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
black wax as you said will only fill the chips, if you fill them let it sit and set then fill again, then flatten then machine polish they will be virtually gone, having said that if theres lots then it could be a ball ache. My focus is the same but on the front bumper and splitter road rash everywhere

·
Registered
275 Posts
My front bumper and bonnet have been really getting to me the last few weeks so took it to a guy that does spraying and basically he wants £100 for the bumper and rear bumper and said he wouldn't want to touch the bonnet cause it isn't bad enough plus with an extra coat of paint and clear coat if I get more chips it will look worse because they will be deeper. Meant to be going in 1st week October for the bumpers but I want a smooth non chipped bonnet lid grr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts