Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone, So i’ve been told on more than one occasion I need a “Progress Thread” so i finally got my thumb out of my Butt, and decided to write one :lol: I warn you this will be long, now where do I begin,
Well I’m Steve (yup the clue really is in my name hehe) I’ve always been a Vauxhall Guy, some say that Vauxhall is in my Blood which I guess is correct,

Rather than go in to far too much detail on this, in this thread please see here, to understand
***My life in Vauxhall***

^^^ So now thats done, I Lied as i'm gonna have to use some pics from that thread on this one too, otherwise its not really a progress thread :lol:

Soooo On the 5th of September I said goodbye to beloved little Corsa "Alice", and Bought this now named Jess :)

A 1.6 16v Twinport Astra Bertone Coupe, Yes I really did say 1.6 16v... Now rather than go into on this thread,I direct you to this one ----
***Yup it really is a 1.6 16v*** ------

So in Brief According to "How Many Left" there is 191 Coupe/ Cabrio's Left, and according to Vauxhall there were 53 of particular built :) which I didn't know when i bought her, although i was aware there weren't many, i'd never heard of them either :)

So there's me, and the Car introduced Nicely...
Next Up the Mods... the reason your all here haha...

Sooo First up was a Simple little Mod, using some spare blue hose covers of my Corsa, and some spares i had... turned the drab engine bay into this

Small and simple, but i like it )

After this i then decided to add some bonnet Struts, i'd never had them before and really wanted some.. so here we go...

Then she got a really good clea..

Now As i'm not very good with electrics i thought i'd learn, so i wanted to change the interior light from the small dreary looking one i had...

This one

To something more interesting.. a Zafira Sxi one :D.. this one wasn't too hard to fit,

The Lights have since changed to Blue SMD bulbs, Thanks SriTim who gave me the bulbs, and White SMD bulbs in the map lights...

Next up was a Big MOD for me, Mechaniclly i Fitted new OEM Brake PADs and Disks All Round.. and while there I painted the Calipers Red.. which i've always wanted to do (Y)...

I was really pleased with the result... also found the Battery cover ^^ at a Scrap yard (Y)

Now about a month went past not doing alot to Jess.. until finally my SMDS turned up to fit...So after a Lovely afternoon spent with Sritim, on my drive.. alot of swearing and cut fingers.. my dash now looked like this

I would also like to say a Huge thank you to Tasha, who gave me some great advice about the MFD filter (Y) :kiss:

Then Came The Fast Show, my First Car show, With the AON :)... and what a show it was, thanks Guys for making me feel so welcome, and thanks from my Dad also (Y)
Still do this day can't believe i won an award.. never won anything before..

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After TFS, as some People know I was heading over to Bedford to pick up my new boot lid with spoiler, all for £20 yes thats £20 and its was Irmsher too (Y).. so the car went from this:

To this

Still can't believe the transformation, oh and some of you also new Dad wasn't too keen on the spoiler idea at TFS, he has since come round and really likes it (Y)

Now next up was my rather ambitious project to create a custom Centre Console.. with a Garmin Nuvi Satnav Built in..

This is currently being worked on as we speak and the Progress thread Is here for it

***Custom Centre Console***

And sneaky pic so you want to read more J

Sooo This now brings onto the Latest Mods i've done so far... starting with This MIJ Carbon Induction Kit, A huge Thank you to ViperSri For sorting the Group Buy out.. very pleased with how it turned out

So after adding the Induction Kit.. i thought to myself "Steve its not load enough" so i went in search of an exhaust, about a week ago Last Friday I fitted this...

And thanks to a mate of mine with a Garage.. it was soon on and ready to go :D :D

And Below is a video of how it sounds..

Which i hope has worked (Y).. After a week i can say its bedding in quite nicely too (Y)

And this brings me neatly on to the Latest, but by no means last Mod i've had done :D:D

My Window Tints... done Tuesday, at Expression Tints In Baildon Near Shipley.. Great Guys there (Y)

5% on the Back 3 (Y)

So thats the Progress To date, Feel free to Subscribe, To any of the Threads above, The centre Console is coming along, and will have an update very soon :)...

Things to do Next

GSI Headlights (Mine are Faded and scratched
GSI Front Bumper
Machine Polish
New Interior, either Black leather n white suede of just leather

There is more but these are just on top of my list :)

C&C always Welcome i'll Keep you posted on all updates :)

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
Great progress Steve! A real nice little coupe future plans sound good too just need to add lowering to the list ;-)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks (Y) hehe Everyone Keeps telling my this, and i'm really tempted but truth is, round here i'm likly to ruin the car, its potholes and speed bumbs everywhere, and i also go caving and climbing alot, some of the tracks i drive up would ruin a lowered car :(.. i'm thinking save for coilovers.. then i can adjust the ride hight for shows, and for general driving :)

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
That would be best idea then mate

Out of that list what can we expect to be done for trax?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest, my income has been alittle rocky lately.. just not getting the hours at work, Originally it was supposed to Be the Exhaust and Tints done for Trax, but i kinda got inpatient and bought them early lol

so i'm thinking you'll see the Custom Centre console in and working if all goes to plan, Sorry its not a Huge, but the car has changed alot since The Fast show :)

if i'm Lucky and can afford it, i may also get GSI headlights before hand, even if i have to fit them at the Hotel lol

Edit: Fingers Crossed if i can afford it, a machine polish is a must before Trax :)

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
Haha yea its massive since tfs much more than I've managed lol really looking forward to seeing the center console

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have to say its a brilliant write up mate, very tidy looking car. Will look nice with the gsi front on :D
Thanks (Y), Yeah i'm Currently looking for a GSI bumper in my Budget.. But i think i'll need to save for a bit, which is fine as i don't want to do everything it at once :)

Haha yea its massive since tfs much more than I've managed lol really looking forward to seeing the center console
Thanks, well i should, all being well, be working on the Console today :D

great project thread some cracking mods done to the car too
Thanks very much (Y)

Nice looking coupe there mate!
Plans sound good aswell!
Thanks matey i forgot to add, i'm also looking at either Painting the Engine bay cover, or Wrapping it.. Time will tell, but its a plan :)

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
hi mate great thread, i will be getting my led form spree in a few days :) love the idea with the center console......mmmmmmmm given me an idea now lol cant wait to see this at Trax :D

Also mate i wouldnt wrap the engine cover as it will peel and maybe catch fire lol ive been looking in to hydro drip, bit on the £ side (have a look at my progress thread for prices) im looking at changing my hoses to lime green but all the silcone ones cost bucks :(

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi mate great thread, i will be getting my led form spree in a few days :) love the idea with the center console......mmmmmmmm given me an idea now lol cant wait to see this at Trax :D

Also mate i wouldnt wrap the engine cover as it will peel and maybe catch fire lol ive been looking in to hydro drip, bit on the £ side (have a look at my progress thread for prices) im looking at changing my hoses to lime green but all the silcone ones cost bucks :(
Hmmm this is also an option, thanks for the info matey, i will look into it... i take it almost any design can go on to the Engine Cover, if i use Hydro Dip?
Thanks for the nice comments (Y)

Very nice 100% needs lowering though :)
Haha not you too... :p :lol: i'm thinking about coilovers in the future...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Car looks lovely mate, sounds very nice too (Y)
If you don't want to go too low you could get some Eibach springs, only 30mm but makes all the difference. Looking forward to updates :).

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Lovely car
and yeah i'm shocked its only a 1.6 :lol:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Car looks lovely mate, sounds very nice too (Y)
If you don't want to go too low you could get some Eibach springs, only 30mm but makes all the difference. Looking forward to updates :).
Thanks matey, i may look into this :)

Lovely car
and yeah i'm shocked its only a 1.6 :lol:
Haha Thanks Mate

The Centre Console Progress Thread has been Updated :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks matey, i may look into this :)
No worries. If your wondering about the actual height have a look at my progress thread. The spacers make it look lower than it is but there are some older ones. And although 17s my wheels have got smaller tyres so they are about the same size all in as your wheels :).

1 - 20 of 393 Posts