Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, first post and not very technical so bare with me. lol

Broke down a few weeks ago, turned out that my EGR valve was full of crap. So had it cleaned and everything was fine....

until a week later, i was on my day off and running about doing a few jobs and a few miles in the process. Came back from the shops an my car wouldnt start.
When starting from cold it starts first time, and even when ive only done a shirt journey and the engine is warm..it starts first time.

The problem only seem to occur when the engine has been running for a decent amount of time (approx 30 mins).

I had a mate have a look and he had a look at the fuel injectors. 2 were dry, 1 was moist and 1 was leaking pretty bad.

Just wondering if this would be whats causing the problem, or could it just be one of the contributing factors?

Also, just wondering what injectors i need and is there anywhere that i could buy one or two from for a decent price?

also well aware that it needs a service as it hasnt had one for about 20k miles.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

·
Registered
299 Posts
From the description, it certainly sounds like the injectors. With 2 dry, 1 moist and the other leaking, it would be best to replace all 4.

The part number is Bosch 0445110 or GM 97363811.

The cheapest I've seen them is around £75 each from ebay! So you're looking at a set of 4 for around £300 which is pretty good considering they're around that price each from Vauxhall.

As it happens, I have a spare set in the boot of my car from when this happened - Replacing the injectors was one of the things we tried as no fuel was pumping. Suffice to say, I ended up with a complete new engine so never got a chance to use them.

Was going to ebay them with my starter motor, aircon pump, fuel pump and crankshaft sensor but haven't got round to it yet - Suppose it's only polite to list it all here first so I'll get some photos up tomorrow and stick them in the for sale section...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I haven't checked the glow plugs. Will have to get my mate to check them for me. As I said I'm crap with cars and wouldn't know where to start. Give me a pm when you get round to selling them mate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.