Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collecting my Astra on Friday - an Elite, first registered in January 2019 - 1.4 T 147bhp and I can't work out if it is start stop or not?

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Ok thanks - a shame.
I have the 1.4T elite nav on a 19 plate and have owned it from new. Lovely car absolute pleasure to drive.
Just remember to have the right oil put in when serviced 5w30 dexos1 generation 2 (absolute must). Also do not labour the engine and floor it in a high gear, always drop a gear or two before doing so.
This is my second new elite nav astra k 1.4t, you can't get better value for the same money imo. Had that one just under 3 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 1.4T elite nav on a 19 plate and have owned it from new. Lovely car absolute pleasure to drive.
Just remember to have the right oil put in when serviced 5w30 dexos1 generation 2 (absolute must). Also do not labour the engine and floor it in a high gear, always drop a gear or two before doing so.
This is my second new elite nav astra k 1.4t, you can't get better value for the same money imo. Had that one just under 3 years.
Thanks - I am looking forward to it as my 1.4 75bhp Corsa is pretty breathless.

Why the above advice? Are there known issues?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Thanks - I am looking forward to it as my 1.4 75bhp Corsa is pretty breathless.

Why the above advice? Are there known issues?
There is a problem with all small gdi turbo charged engines called lspi. The main culprit is additives from certain oils promote it. You can read some horror stories about it on the internet but don't worry overly just adopt the advice given.

Car manufacturers along with oil companies have developed oils to reduce lspi events. Car manufacturers have also programmed ecu' s better.

I personally have mine serviced at vx whilst it is in warranty. I always use v power in mine to keep the engine as clean as possible. Enjoy your new motor.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Ok thanks - a shame.
I call it a blessing.

I'm driving a few different hire cars at the moment for work purposes. First thing I do is switch off the start/stop system.

You'll also be glad when it comes to having to replace the battery. Cars with SS are a lot more expensive to replace.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2017plate Astra 1.4 turbo Elite I have never had a problem with anything have run it on Shell unleaded from day one it has stop&go have Vauxhall' dropped it on later models ??

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Now then - I've had mine 9 days and the autostop doesn't work. I've gone through everything (I think) that inhibits it, I have the AGM battery, it's on the tachometer dial, and there is a button which lights when I press it (for autostop 'off'). Is it possible, with all that, that the option is not fitted? I haven't yet taken it up with the dealer feeling that they might come back and tell me the car's still 'running in' - only 800m on the clock. I have time! For me, I'm not that bothered as most of my mileage is on EU autoroutes, and I'm not that happy about autostop anyway.
Replies welcomed!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have had 2 brand new astra k elite nav 1.4T's and neither came with stop start as standard. So I presume it is an optional extra when ordering.

I have read somewhere it is a different gearbox on the stop start
Both versions use identical engines (110 kW), only different gearboxes:
  • S/S: M24/M1X (capable of handling up to 240 Nm)
  • non S/S: M32 (capable of handling up to 320 Nm)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had 2 brand new astra k elite nav 1.4T's and neither came with stop start as standard. So I presume it is an optional extra when ordering.

I have read somewhere it is a different gearbox on the stop start
Both versions use identical engines (110 kW), only different gearboxes:
  • S/S: M24/M1X (capable of handling up to 240 Nm)
  • non S/S: M32 (capable of handling up to 320 Nm)
Thanks! Did the 2 cars you mention have the autostop marking on the tachometer and on/off button on the console (next to the ESP button) _ along with an AGM battery.
I don't want to go back to the dealer if it's not fitted, but if it is there, I don't want him to tell me it isn't there! I might not 'need' it, but if it ain't working, I'll want it put right.
The VIN No doesn't help. Is there anywhere I can look? I doubt I'll be able to see the original spec anywhere.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Now then - I've had mine 9 days and the autostop doesn't work. I've gone through everything (I think) that inhibits it, I have the AGM battery, it's on the tachometer dial, and there is a button which lights when I press it (for autostop 'off'). Is it possible, with all that, that the option is not fitted? I haven't yet taken it up with the dealer feeling that they might come back and tell me the car's still 'running in' - only 800m on the clock. I have time! For me, I'm not that bothered as most of my mileage is on EU autoroutes, and I'm not that happy about autostop anyway.
Replies welcomed!
Hi a lot of the a.c. functions seem to inhibit the stop start
Screenshot_20191201-113746_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Both my cars haven't had the switches for auto stop in them, and I haven't noticed anything on the instrument cluster to suggest any indication. So to answer your question, no they haven't.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes! I've tried that one- and will do it again. I've also tried with all the H&V off. I've noted that ambient temperature, road slope, and driving method also affects it. It's a minefield of inhibitions! I should try a long countryside non turbo drive on a warm day followed by some quiet stop start urban driving on a Sunday. I shall continue...:confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Both my cars haven't had the switches for auto stop in them, and I haven't noticed anything on the instrument cluster to suggest any indication. So to answer your question, no they haven't.
Aah! That's pretty well done it for me. It's there and either not working (but I have no other faults) or conditions are not quite right for it to activate.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Another clue as to whether you've got start stop or not, is that with SS, your road tax should be cheaper than someone who doesn't have SS fitted to their car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another clue as to whether you've got start stop or not, is that with SS, your road tax should be cheaper than someone who doesn't have SS fitted to their car.
Brilliant! - It is, and I've solved it. You need significantly more wellie on the brake pedal than actually needed to keep the car at rest. It works! Now I cab forget it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts