Astra Owners Network banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
The car was fully serviced having new brake pads for the rear, complete timing belt kit, accessory belt, new thermostat, new water pump (the old one was leaking), new antifreeze agent, Freon refrigerant tank filled, flexible joint for the exhaust, top mounts for the front struts (i hope that is correct) with bearings, new oil GM dexos2 5w30 etc.

It runs smooth and it doesn't boil anymore. So pleased with it. Next the OPC side sills.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Back! The car was fully resprayed 2 years ago. No more slammed suspension, now it sits on eibach prokit springs and I can use the car as I want. The OPC line 1 kit (or XP as it's known in the UK) is at the painter at the moment, also got rid of the chrome boot strip and got it painted in white, and got a Thule Pacifica on top of the car that should be painted in white as well.

Wheels will be Tomason TN4 18 8.5 et30, refurbished in the near future, also white.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt

And the entertainment part: custom fitted dvd player. A lot of work put into it, but will be fun for the long trips, mostly for my new born girl (yes I have a ton of cartoons in the car) 😁

Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle Entertainment Gadget

Vehicle Automotive design Plant Car Cameras & optics

Vehicle Car Mirror Automotive mirror Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Fixture Automotive design Automotive exterior Tints and shades

·
Registered
51 Posts
Still working on the car, making it ready for our MOT equivalent... Today I will be fitting the side sills. Waited about 3 months for this moment, had issues finding the paint after that full respray from 2 years ago, someone screwed the paint then, and now it was a pain to nail it again. Got the wheels powdercoated in white, got a pair of Irmscher clear tail lights so it looks as clean as possible, cleaned the rear bumper with molded plastic and a lot of sanding. New coilovers will be fitted soon, and next year, after the winter, will fit some Kerscher CS 3pc wheels. And some pics 😁
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Tire Grille

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
51 Posts
Silence is an answer too... would love to get some feedback, good or bad.

The 3pc wheels are, at the moment, at the seller for refurbishing (polishing the lips and removing the golden screws and fitting chromed ones). Had some issues yesterday fitting the side sills, bought GM screws for the side sills that screw into the metal part underneath the car, but wasn't very happy with them, so today I will be fitting them using only black sealant that turns into a sort of rubber after drying.

Two more pics:
Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Hubcap Alloy wheel Tread

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

61 - 67 of 67 Posts