Astra Owners Network banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank you! Just picked up the grill, I'm very glad to have it back. For the moment I'm gathering all the pieces for the XP2 kit (again) and then take them to the body shop for paint, including the grill. Still waiting for the rims so i can buy tires for them (215 40 17). Two old pics of it:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Where's everybody when you need opinions ? :sus:

Well actually it was a big problem to get the car lowered, by the time I ordered coilovers no one actually made them for 3 doors so i was stuck with 5dr/estate coilovers and a front lowered vehicle. For a while i drove without springs on the rear, just an extra rubber mounted there to raise it up a little, having no springs at all. It was rough! But beautiful!

·
Registered
51 Posts
These are the Tramont wheels for the Astra. Still waiting for the white paint... Tramont TY2 5x110 17 7.75 et25 / 10 et13. Someone from the factory in France told me they are more than 30 years old so I'll be rocking oldschool wheels ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just "saved" them from being torn apart and having the centers swapped with 5x120 ones. No one was buying them (posted for sale for almost two years) with 5x110 but I appeared just on time, just before the swap.

·
Registered
51 Posts
They were mine for about 700 E including the white paint. They will get 215.40.17 tires all around, not settled for a brand yet. I'm not into tire brands after having an unpleasant experience with Bridgestone Potenza which are rubbish so it really doesn't matter.

It should be something like this on the rear and straight wall on the front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_hSixwBkvk

·
Registered
51 Posts
It seems that only I am posting so... here we go again. I fitted the wheels, everything nice and ok. Just got the Irmscher grill back from the painter, should assemble it asap and put it on the car. I'm very pleased with the wheels and started putting money together for air ride, just front and back with small tank in the spare wheel hole.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts