Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks, just thought id throw up a few pics of the car, picked it up a few months ago. As you can see its a facelift 1.8 sri with the z18xer engine in metro blue. Was originally after a 2.0/1.6 turbo sri but this came up with only 20k on it from new and was too good to pass.

So far ive painted the chrome around the front grills.
Rewrapped the door pillars in satin black
Lowered it on Eibach Sportlines.
Total refurb of the wheels
Painted the Calipers and generally gave it a damn good clean.

Detailed the paint, it was swirl/hologram city and had a few dents removed with pdr. Really enjoying it so far.

Plans next are,
armrest, boomerang the best?
vxr front bumper possibly
19' snowflakes when I find a set that aren't cracked:look:

thanks for looking, enjoying this forum btw, lots of knowledge.

Video of the paint correction, sure youll agree, big difference.
https://youtu.be/2nviFETRzDM

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hi folks, thought id update this. Got a set of snowflakes, finally, that weren't cracked or had been welded. Gave them a refurb and put some fresh rubber on them, went for 225/35/19 instead of the usual 235/35/19 as I think they look abit better, but over all very happy with them. Also colour coded the front grill and rear boot strip, which freshens it up I reckon. Tempted with a vxr front bumper soon. Anyway here is some pics, thanks for looking (Y)

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
hello, nice looking car, what size wheels are the ones in the original picture? just wondering since looking at lowering mine, didnt think it would sit that low with just sportlines but your pictures give me hope lol
Those would be pentas, had 18s with sportlines on my old 5dr

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thought I would update this, got the timing belt done and treated her to a glass dewiper on the rear and trimmed the mudflaps as they were just too big. Also wet sanded the front and rear lights and they've came up a treat. Forgetting the idea of a vxr bumper for now, just going to enjoy driving it in the "hopefully" good weather.

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Looking good but please don't copy and paste. The formatting makes your posts unreadable and they have to be edited

1 - 20 of 21 Posts