Astra Owners Network banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So the problem is one side is sitting an inch lower on the back. Is it making any creaking noises etc.?
Personally, I wouldn't leave it, I would need to try and establish what the problem is.
Does seem weird if new springs were fitted as a pair. Could be anything, warn bushing, could even be a bent mount.
If the springs and shocks are all good, think I'd be under there with a prybar.
Hi, there is quite a bit of creaking, especially in warmer weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Sounds like it needs another set of eyes having a look at it.
I’m beginning to think that too!

Is there anything obvious I can check for?

The shocks are still the original ones and the cars almost 15 years old now so I’m still wondering about them!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Ok, so an update.....

The problem appears to have been solved, the only thing that’s changed is one of the rear tyres has been replaced when I took it into the garage on Friday as I had a slow puncture which turned out to be a leaking valve but upon further investigation they found the tyre had several splits around the inside of the rim so I’m guessing this somehow affected the ride height?

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Yep, when you think about it, no air, wheel sits on the ground instead of the inflated tyre

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yep, when you think about it, no air, wheel sits on the ground instead of the inflated tyre

But it was the same when I pumped it up, as that was one of the first things I thought about!

I’m wondering if the splits in the tyre had a concertina effect that did it?

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Different makes of tyres can have that effect, if they’re not matching or old tyres

41 - 49 of 49 Posts