Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
probly a silly question but dose the 1.8 sri range with standard bhp ie more or less on new or older car

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
depends on the year.the early 1.8 has the same power but the vvt engine has more power,it does not make a difference on the trim level as to the power level

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Dean)
2,923 Posts
Check your engine code

z18xe = 125bhp

Z18xer =140bhp vvt

Think the vvts started coming in around the 56 reg, my old 1.8 was just the 16v and i thought that engine was very underpowered and very thirsty. Thats why i changed to the derv, oh and for the cheaper tax.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the 125 bhp one 06 plate not got the car comes on friday or monday so not sure what its like right now

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its defo a 125bhp one n f*cking 10.1 wtf that better be telling lies to me the astra book from vauxhall says 9.6 n thats bad enuff to 60

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just looking the sri 125bhp sucks standard thats realy poor just put me off my new car before i have even got it :(

·
Registered
10,190 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
it didnt go into the astra till 2007
Yep.. I've a March 2007 car (07 plate) with the VVt. I waited for the VVt to reach the Astra before I ordered, so it had been available for a couple of months by then. I *think* it arived at the same time as the minor facelift????

JS

·
2,923 Posts
Dont get me wrong mate it was a great car, never went wrong. It was also extremely fast compared to my 1.2 punto i traded in, just after having a go in a diesel i knew i wanted one and the 1.8's days were numbered :lol:. Dont let it put you off, enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I have the non VVT 1.8. They are actually 123bhp book figure, which for a 1.8 is quite low anyway but also the new astra is a very heavy car too! I find mine is not overly thirsty considering my driving style.

Look into getting the most from your 1.8 with simple cheap mods such as a new panel filter first, i had 128bhp on a rolling road, totally standard!

At 19 you can be in far worse and far slower cars!

Dont listen to them who moved over to the dark and smokey side.... enjoy your 1.8 and do what im doing, ignoring road tax, MPG etc and save for a VXR.... your only young and mortgageless once mate! Thats my way of thinking anyway!

·
2,923 Posts
I have the non VVT 1.8. They are actually 123bhp book figure, which for a 1.8 is quite low anyway but also the new astra is a very heavy car too! I find mine is not overly thirsty considering my driving style.

Look into getting the most from your 1.8 with simple cheap mods such as a new panel filter first, i had 128bhp on a rolling road, totally standard!

At 19 you can be in far worse and far slower cars!

Dont listen to them who moved over to the dark and smokey side.... enjoy your 1.8 and do what im doing, ignoring road tax, MPG etc and save for a VXR.... your only young and mortgageless once mate! Thats my way of thinking anyway!
Have a drive of my diesel then say that :lol:. No as i said the 1.8 is a good car, i just wanted a little bit more. It was the figures for road tax that were being mentioned for the 1.8 that put me off, i think they said it was going up to almost 300 quid at one stage (that never happened in the end).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yup was the looks that got me to go for it,was an impulse buy did not expect to get one just happend lol. I do intend for a faster sri a few things full exaust n probly top end rebuild with cams etc etc not to bothered, going to consontrate on the looks for the now. I like lashed on heres astra same colour as mine when i get it i will post some pics up ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts