Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is lowering 45mm on springs safe without upgrading shocks and dampers? just wondering before i buy as i've read that dapr require upgraded shocks, not interested in coilovers due to insurance, and don't think eibachs will be low enough, any advice? springs im considering are spax

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone ever heard of pro sport coilovers found some second hand for £100 so paying the extra for insurance wouldn't be an issue, assuming they're similar to fks

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Cheap and cheerful. They aren't much more brand new so I wouldn't bother with second hand

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Do they rind you back with an answer or how does it work?
Not too sure if it's like this with other insurers, but mine at least said I have to email somebody as the insurers don't make the decision it's the underwriters, doubt they'll all be like that though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can some people post pictures of a 1.7 3 door and how the sit with different springs for an idea :) turns out the 2nd hand coilovers where cheap for a reason, 2 of them are seized

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
I'd go with eibach springs, then you can always upgrade shocks down the line to something like bilstein. This setup will be far better than any coilovers for the same money.

Depends what you want really, adjustability you get from coilovers or better handling from decent springs and shocks?

I've driven a vxr on kW v3 with custom springs and it was awesome (but very hard and stiff) but expensive, whereas I just had eibach springs with vxr shocks on my vxr and its was ok.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts