Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my Astra J Sports Tourer 2.0CDTI Ecoflex SRI Start/Stop in August. It came with 17" 5 spoke OEM alloys and CD400.

Little tweaks so far:

- Debadged back (partially) and sides (removed 'SRI' from the sides, 'Vauxhall' and 'Astra' from the back)
- Fitted Truckrax Dog Guard (custom for Astra J Sports Tourer)
- Upgraded Headlights to Philips Whitevision
- Upgraded DRL to ice white
- Changed all interior bulbs to ice white LEDs
- Changed rear number plate bulbs for ice white LEDs
- Fitted VXR style pedal covers
- Red trimmed mats all round
- Aluminium pressed plates fitted front and back (and onto bike carrier!)

Planned work:

- Fit detachable swan neck towbar
- Android Device to replace CD400
- GTC Alloys
- Lower 20mm (possibly, see how the alloys look)
- Fit ice white LED courtesy lights into footwells
- Racechip 1 (adding ~31bhp)

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is one of the new wheels sat next to the back of the car. Had planned to fit them today but discovered (to my horror) that I had been supplied with the wrong locking nut tool (!).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also planning on cleaning and painting the brake calipers red to go with the black and red theme; cannot be having shabby brakes showing through the new wheels!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know, by any chance, if I can lower her 30 or 40mm on standard 17s without messing up? (scraping etc) Or would I need to increase wheel size? (saw another thread stating there were issues with 17s when lowered but don't know why this would be)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok cool, I've read that a set of springs giving a 40mm drop will only lower the SRI by 30mm?

Also, what do people think about spacers? Are they worth it to beef up the stance a bit, or will they **** up the car? and how do I get round the short bolt issue as the bolts are fixed to the hubs?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Motor is lookin great Adams :thumbs:

I have the SE version and to me it looks like its on stilts which is annoying me. On my old H estate I had Eibach and always thought it looks a bit too low on the front due to the diesel lump. I would like to lower mine, but not too far. I have found ST (KW) springs that state lower 30mm and are specific for the 2.0 diesel engine version. Maybe check those out?

Does anyone have any experience with this company?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have a few in my watched items in eBay, including Eibach (35mm drop) and AP sport (30mm drop). The KW seem to be about £20-30 more. All are specific to the 2.0cdti.

How low was your H Wrightski?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Have a few in my watched items in eBay, including Eibach (35mm drop) and AP sport (30mm drop). The KW seem to be about £20-30 more. All are specific to the 2.0cdti.

How low was your H Wrightski?
The point is if you look at the Eibach spring spec they say that one size of spring are for the 1.3, 1.7 and 1.9 diesels and 2.0 turbo petrol cars. I am guessing that the 1.9 diesel engine is heavier than the rest, so lower it a bit more. My guess is that its spot on for the 2.0 petrol.

It was lowered on the Pro-kit springs which I believe were meant to be 30mm lower.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Added red LEDs to foot wells. These stay on with the one under the gear stick. Cost £5 and took 30min to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks mate. I think so too!

By the by, does anyone know if the 2.0 CDTI manual and auto have the same suspension?!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RaceChip 1 now installed. Already notice a difference, especially in the lower revs!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rear badge painted black, pics to follow.

I have the springs ready to fit, just trying to figure out if I need to get 19s; lots of people saying the 17s scrape like a b on the J.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts