Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was considering replacing exhaust but nothing too fancy as I won't have the car too long.
I have stumbled across the sportex website and wondered if anyone has used them before and their thoughts on them. Don't want nothing too ott or too loud just a nice sweet sound

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
TBH they are cheap for a reason.... I have used them in my younger days and ended up wishing id paid more for a Magnex, Miltek etc..... Its not that it didnt sound good as to be fair to it it DID... however the fitting was terrible and it looked very poorly made....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TBH they are cheap for a reason.... I have used them in my younger days and ended up wishing id paid more for a Magnex, Miltek etc..... Its not that it didnt sound good as to be fair to it it DID... however the fitting was terrible and it looked very poorly made....
To be honest don't want nothing overly loud just something to sweeten it up a little... Quite happy with the look if my exhaust just want a bit more of a noise on acceleration

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Sportex sound ace and so much options on them. Unfortunetaly they only last a year or 2. Really prone to rust and baffles blowing out. For £150 for a short time, worth it

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sportex sound ace and so much options on them. Unfortunetaly they only last a year or 2. Really prone to rust and baffles blowing out. For £150 for a short time, worth it
Thanks for advice mate, am seriously considering it don't want to spend over the top for a car il have another year or so maybe. Just need a beefier sound and if it enhance performance slightly I'd be happy

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Proformance will be mildly better but nothing major until mapped. Sportex do give a good sound but a non res system can be loud from sportex. Bit droony at speed

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Proformance will be mildly better but nothing major until mapped. Sportex do give a good sound but a non res system can be loud from sportex. Bit droony at speed
Yeah that's the plan will get remapped but stuck in exhaust system, don't want too loud neither too expensive just a nicer sound and slight performance boost without spending too much ££££

·
Registered
566 Posts
Don't bother with Sportex - buy cheap buy twice!

Powerflow aren't too expensive and you can have them tailor the sound to what you want - I'm running standard front section, and then a 2" straight-through middle section and backbox from them, I love the sound! It is pretty loud without the centre silencer though :mrgreen:

However, the only way you'll get a real performance increase is by de-catting, which will make it super loud!

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Don't bother with Sportex - buy cheap buy twice!

Powerflow aren't too expensive and you can have them tailor the sound to what you want - I'm running standard front section, and then a 2" straight-through middle section and backbox from them, I love the sound! It is pretty loud without the centre silencer though :mrgreen:

However, the only way you'll get a real performance increase is by de-catting, which will make it super loud!
He said he isnt keeping the car too long so sportex would do for a year or so

Which will make it sound like this:
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums...98D0C50-6323-000005F71A5D4615_zps5293f072.mp4

Thats my mate driving, hense the fact he has no idea how to throw it around the bends

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Think gonna just go down the powerflow route, alot of bad to be said with sportex may as well pay the extra for decency... Still have to sell the car and who knows maybe even keep its for a little longer once iv livened her up a little bit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts