1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Anyone else think that quite obstructs your vision looking at those video's..? That random dark square right in your eye line..?

Ps, The site also says strictly for show or off road use. I'd maybe take a peak into the Legality..

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
- where is the OBD located?
- is the spec for the plug in the car a OBD II 16 pin socket? what other parameter I need to consider so i can make sure it is compatible?
- has anyone installed something similar as well?
- Under the steering wheel trim, roughly above the accelerator pedal.
- Yes, as far as I know OBDII is a pretty strictly adhered to standard
- I've tried a bluetooth OBDII transmitter which I've hooked up to an iphone app (wifi is better, but haven't tried that yet) and it seems to work okay - a wired connection I expect to perform much better.

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
- I've tried a bluetooth OBDII transmitter which I've hooked up to an iphone app (wifi is better, but haven't tried that yet) and it seems to work okay - a wired connection I expect to perform much better.
You actually got a bluetooth OBDII to work on iPhone? What app do you use and how does it all work?

I bought a bluetooth OBDII from Tom at Trax, but having done some reading I read that Apple's bluetooth stack doesn't support OBDII connectors?

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
Had to JB it, install a 3rd party bluetooth stack and direct the apps to read from port 32000 on 127.0.0.1 - bit of a long walk for a short drink but it worked. It was slow and laggy but it worked! I need to borrow a wifi sensor to see if performance is any better, and ideally a fast android device to see how bluetooth performs when it doesn't have to jump through hoops

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i definitely saw cars in the UK with HUD display before. altho i think they are factory fitted . Those car display are quite clear even without the black film so I may not stick on the screen or i may cut the film smaller and place it lower.

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Had to JB it, install a 3rd party bluetooth stack and direct the apps to read from port 32000 on 127.0.0.1 - bit of a long walk for a short drink but it worked. It was slow and laggy but it worked! I need to borrow a wifi sensor to see if performance is any better, and ideally a fast android device to see how bluetooth performs when it doesn't have to jump through hoops
Mmk. Not up for JB mine at the moment.... Been thinking of getting an Android tablet soon anyway

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,716 Posts
Bit big to mount on your dash dontcha think
better off with some of the old HTC desires they seem to be coming down in price with the HTC one line of phones replacing them and just have it wired into the dash with torque

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
I don't plan to use it for every day stats stuff... more for diagnostics, but at the same time, you say that... but I am thinking of building a tablet sized in-dash PC (Y)
How good are you with Lego

:lol:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL lego!!! i miss them.... i used to have massive fight with my sis when we play lego ....happy days

1 - 14 of 14 Posts