Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, recently got an Astra Gtc, can anyone tell me does the original space saver come with a foam insert that houses the jack etc.? Also, the car has 20" wheels with 245/40 tyres, is it possible to fit a different size that doesn't affect handling, ratios etc? if so what size(s)? :cool::confused:

·
Registered
226 Posts
The skinny space saver wheel is much smaller than your 20" wheels and for this reason you are advised not to exceed 50mph (from memory - could be lower). iirc the GTC was normally supplied with a repair kit and not a spare wheel. As you will have already identified, the spare wheel well is too small to house the 20" wheel so whatever solution you decide upon will only ever be a 'get you home' fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bogbrush, thanks for the reply, and my apologies for not making my original post clearer! When I mentioned the 20" wheels what I meant was could I fit a different size of tyre for road use on the 20" wheels aside from the 245/40/20 that are on there at the moment?

·
Administrator
3,916 Posts
You might want to make one thread with your question about the spare tyre and a separate thread with your question about changing tyre size on your normal wheels to save confusion!

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you change the wheel or tyre sizes there is an option in the OBD to change the ratio which I would assume will change the speedo accordingly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts