Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I have just braught a new exhuast system for my astra (duplex) (pictures be up soon) and I currently do a lot of motorway driving. the exhuast can sumtimes be loud in the car when the engine is under strain. would sound deadening mats help minimise this. thinking of double layers in the boot and maybe a layer under back seats. will it stop much noise?¿ The next question also would be where could I get some good stuff in large amounts for quite cheap price?¿

Shane

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Forget dynamat this stuff is so over priced, I worked in car AV some time back and we sold Brown Bread (just like dynamat but half the price) or something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-Ft-eDead-O...in_3?hash=item2302a25a8c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

It will help a little, but because the note is low/deep; just like a sub woofer the sound will be heard all the time.

Only real way to reduce the drone is change the back box. This type of back box mite sound all right for some folk driving round town or on short runs, but on long runs and the motorway the novelty soon wares off.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
what would be the better option then, back box?? just looking at the sound deadening mats on that ebay, does say stop loud exhaust noise, should this do the trick, as i want mainly want to lose the drone inside the car, not the loudness outside, cause compared to inside, its not actually that loud outside

I have already taken the car back to topgear to ask them to make it quiter and they put a box on the left hand side, as at the time that was where all the sound was coming from, but now its all happening on the right hand side. just as bad.

i just dont want them to think im taking the mic, but then i did pay all that money and should get it to how i want. :confused:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yes it will help loads, this stuff is great. You need quiet a bit, your entire boot floor, rear quarters, in fact as much as you dare. The more you do the better it is two of my last cars got this treatment, hardly any road noise at all including exhaust note.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i must say i am impressed, i did only 2 layers of the boot floor and already i can tell the difference. its loud now but not drone. hopefully when i get more money i will do the boot walls too, good stuff tho, recommend to anyone :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts