Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an Astra H yesterday and put 6 months tax on it so I could drive it home and got 24 hours insurance on it. I need to SORN it because i still have an other car to get rid of.

I have just tried to SORN it and got an error message saying this (For some reason you need to click the picture to make it big):

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 10.27.29.jpg

Can I SORN this car or not? What does this mean? Any help is appreciated since my insurance expires at 15:00 today

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
No, the car isn't SORN. Their system won't allow you to SORN then tax and then SORN again so quickly. It doesn't matter though as you've paid for the tax so you can simply take it off the road before the insurance expires and it'll be fine

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the car isn't SORN. Their system won't allow you to SORN then tax and then SORN again so quickly. It doesn't matter though as you've paid for the tax so you can simply take it off the road before the insurance expires and it'll be fine
So I should be okay just having the car parked on private land and it been taxed but not insured. I'm hoping I should be able to get rid of my other car next week so do you think it'll be okay until then if i can SORN it?

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
You don't need to remove the tax and in this instance there's no point. You've paid until the end of the month so leave it taxed. If you SORN it and then tax again it and start using it before the end of the month you will have to pay for October again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts