Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I got bored and decided to utilise so of my spare parts so i did this....

can anyone guess what ive done?

Kram

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
well there off the steering wheel, coloured led's or some wrapping ?

·
Registered
257 Posts
how hard was it to take the old smd's of and put new ones on?
and good work btw :D
I changed mine to green....easy to get off...just melt them and flick them off lol ******* to get the new ones on!!! I actually melted one and had to buy a new set!! GRRR!! If you have a steady hand and a small enough solder iron then go for it, if not buy them already done on a LED site....send your old ones to them and you get wonga off and i have a 10% discount code for them aswell ;) x

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well ive just tought myself to solder over the past week. I leart by doing my xbox controller. Now xbox leds are small, there about half the size of the ones on the steering controls. to be honest its quite easy once you know how. i had a spare set of steering controls so i thought ide give it a go.

next up the rest of the car haha

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys, just ordered LED's for the roof console and windows switches. going to do these next. we will see what happens. ill upload some pics once done. :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been wanting my dash clocks changed from blue to white, often throught about having a go myself.
its not that hard really, just gotta take your time. im butting mine blue and white, need to get a dial card aswell before i do the clocks

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
its not that hard really, just gotta take your time. im butting mine blue and white, need to get a dial card aswell before i do the clocks
The big question is "have I got the dangly bits to take my dials apart and attack them with a soldering iron?" :sus:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The big question is "have I got the dangly bits to take my dials apart and attack them with a soldering iron?" :sus:
My thoughts exactly. But i spoke to Chris Gair and he assured me that everyone worries about the clocks but tje clocks are infact the easiest part. But am gonna leave these till last haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts