Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Bought the missus a snow foam lance from "Elite Car Care" with 1 litre bottle free snow foam. Unfortunately when we used it, we didnt get much of a foam on the car, was more a soapy wet consistency that ran off the car which I didnt expect.

We filled the bottle with full with neat snow foam but from reading up further it appears only a small amount is needed and the rest topped up with warm water, does this make a big difference or is it due to the fact we dont have a power washer and wont be gettin sufficient pressure from our garden hose?!

Cheers in advance!

Bridie!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SRIshortie...

That may just be the problem, connecting the lance straight to the garden hose as at the time I didnt have a decent power washer (second hand B&Q own brand) and knew I would be upgrading to a karcher at some point!

Looks like I'll go and get a power washer and see if I can get the connection for the lance I have!

----

Haha sorry lads, althought might have given folk a few ideas! :thumbs:

Cheers

Bridie!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Once you have it connected to a pressure washer it'll be ace!! Cracking deal on karcher washer and all the gubbings on Ideal World just now. ;)
Just 1/4"snowfoam in the bottom of the bottle and (optional) 1/4" of your car shampoo.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the info lads! Should be receiving a Karcher PW through soon as tescos gave me the best deal on car insurance and it including a PW!

Thats what we just couldnt get, by the time we sprayed it on it had run off by the time we got to the other side of the car!

Bridie!

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Dont forget that you can adjust the nozzel on top of the snow foam bottle bit thingy. (if that makes sence). I usually turn mine maximum to + then back half a turn, or was it all the was to - then back half a turn.... I cant remember:slap:. Any how it just increases the thickness of the foam. Hope that helps a bit.:thumbs:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers, aye I did try using the setting on the lance to change the amount of foam, just seemed to use loads of the snow foam in no time and left a very thin layer of foam on the car which ran off quicker than i could get to the other side :(

Not to worry Karcher power washer should be here within the month and an adaptor nozzle should sort things out!

Thanks for the replies and hopefully ill be back to let you know how I get on!

Bridie!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts