Astra Owners Network banner

201 - 220 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah dimmer still works, good job really as if you have blue clocks i find they are alot brighter and if they are on bightest setting its sometimes too bright at night

Hey. I just converted the light switch to red LEDs and the dimmer control doesn't have any effect for the light switch, all the other devices are dimming.
Am I doing something wrong? Are there special LEDs that support dimming?
I want to convert everything to red but it is so strong without dimming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you.
I realised it was a silly question, because the light switch leds are never suppose to be dimmable. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Would anyone have a list of the stuff needed to upgrade the speedo lights etc for the mk4?

I see a lot of kits with the 509T bulbs but are they as bright as soldering your own led bulbs in?

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,716 Posts
if you buy the right ones then yeah, some of the cheaper LED's don't have much through due to the direction taht they throw the light in most cases straight up, done 2 similar conversions to an omega and a corsa C, both using push fit bulbs inot new holders and they have come oput alright if you ask me.

Omega

The dark patch is a dead bulb as we were having issues hetting the bulbs to get full contact onto the sold pcb things they use behind the oemegas clocks, all fixed now tho

Corsa

ANd suppose could throw the alfa inot the mix as it uses similar bulbs

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,716 Posts
Holders are already there, bulbs I got from eBay, once am finished ******* about with some vectra calipers I'll see if j can dig out some links

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

201 - 220 of 230 Posts