Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, been here a few weeks now and thought it would be time to show off my motor, and update mods as i go. PIC HEAVY

bought the car back in march, Red 3dr Astra H 1.8 vvt (140) SRi :D
pretty much a standard car with no real extras other than the usual SRi extras really. here she is when i got it, pics taken at the dealers

so the first thing i changed was the number plates as i thought they looked too plain and bland, got me some carbon gel plates and surrounds

i then upgraded the interior lighting to LED bulbs only done the front so far so you can see the difference between the front and rear light, they look so much brighter and better

i very quickly got bored of the horrible orange screen vauxs come fitted with, and found it was possible to fit a glorious technicolour CID screen, so onto ebay found one, and got it fitted and tech 2'd and at the same time had cruise control installed, check control activated on the screen for bulb warnings (need to get the sensors for the full whammy) also had anti hijack door locks enabled, and anything else you can enable with tech 2

before

after

future plan is to visit stampede and get a full SMD conversion (blue and red, with a bit of green) when i finish other things off will finish the dash nicely

then she stood like that for a few months, and i got an idea to fit a vxr intake and K&N panel filter

before

after

not really noticed much of a power gain at all (but who is gonna notice 2/3Hp?? but it does seem to respond better on the throttle and accelerate a little quicker so not bad for a few quid.

also added Insignia washer jets at the same time, not got any pics but we all know what they look like and do ;)

soon after i started getting pretty bored with the standard wheels, and saw the pentas and fell in love! managed to get a set but not in the greatest condition and needed a full refurb
before

After

the tyres they had fitted were too small for me (215/35/18), and wernt in the greatest condition, one was buldging on the sidwall so unsafe (MOT fail), one low on tread, and 2 were grinded down on one edge where they have rubbed. so now had to save for 4 tyres for a while (225/40/18).

whilst saving, other things kept cropping up as they do, got some vxr indicator surrounds of the good ol bay, so gave her a clean and stuck em on followed by a good polish and wax

i aslo saw some team hecko wind deflectors for grabs so got hold of them and fitted them

finally got the money together to get 4 tyres. then these came up and couldnt help my self

just in the process of getting some VXR shocks, and they will be fitted, followed by a RARB when i get my hands on one. so once again the saving for tyres commences.

finally got the money again, and though before i buy anything else get they tyres bought and paid for, so got 4 Falken FK452s from camskill then this weekend had the tyres fitted, balanced and shoved on the car, and heres as she stands now

future palns are as above get the lowering done, SMD conversion, get the check control added, window tints, xp kit (already got the bits just needs spraying and fitting), bigger brakes (VXR) and gold calipers, black boot strip and colour coded front grill. possibly try and get the vxr half leather recaro seats fitted too if the money will let me. and probably so much more!

comments and suggestions welcome!

cheers for reading! (Y)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
small update, now got my hands on a whiteline adjustable RARB and VXR shocks, so im all sety to get the suspension lowered now, happy days!!

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
Cracking progress mate will look bob on when you get everything fitted

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers guys, got an xp kit wiating to go on as well, just trying to get quotes from a few bodyshops as its 2nd hand, and neesd re spraying, fair bit of work, but end result will be . someone from another forum who works in a garage is gonna help me fit the shocks and springs and hopefuly the rarb too. will need the tracking re doing afterwards

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just a quick one for today, got a genuine sapphire black boot strip like the ones fitted to the burgs, so got it fitted, looks great now. just need to decide what im gonna do with the badge, cant decide between removing it, or getting a black one too. i quite like it been there, but looks nice with out too

heres the new strip

before

after

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers fella. its slowly coming together, still a long way to go though lol picking up a red vxr grill at the weekend and some vxr doorcards with red stitching.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i cant wait to get it all on, just hope the rain holds off on sunday, as thats the planned day for the change

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cheers mate! yeah it will, and the xp kit will finish it rite off when i get that fitted too. go so much to do, and everything is so expensive lol

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Very nice. I do so like the red & black........2nd of course to the white and black :D and in my humble opinion.......lose the chrome V. Make it red against the black grill.....and if youre keeping the rear Griffin, make that black too! Are Carbon gel letters on your plates legal?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im picking up a red vxr grill tomorrow so getting a lil bit excited seeing it all coming together, and im thinking about painting the griffin black, unless i can find a genuine one already black to replace it that is unused (still has the sticky back on it). im also going to get the door strips sprayed black too sometime will look real mean.

cheers for the comments fella, much appreciated! i believe my plates are legal, not had any bother yet, they have the legal markings on them, and i keep the old ones in my boot, so if i do get stopped i can appologise prefusely, say i didnt realise i had still left my 'show plates' on from months ago and change them over at the roadside and hope they dont do me lol.

your motor is pretty tasty too, is it burg? or arctic edition? personally i think it would look mega with jet black wheels! a mate at work has a white vxr with black powder coated wheels, looks sweet, effin fast too

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
No. Mine is the CDTI 150. I didnt want the vxr running expense....though i wanted the look :eek: Yes, the door strips look great in gloss black on a red car [vxr racing edition :love:] I love my white wheels as they look great when clean against a white car.....not quite so good when covered in brake dust and road slime :angry: I wont change them to black though......no matter how bad my back gets thru washing them :( Keep posting on here as the recommendations and advice you get are really helpful :) Good luck with all your future mods (Y)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Love what you have done to your car Mr Sd. The wheels look fab. And the suspension changes will make it feel like a totally different machine. What interests me even more though, is your screen conversion. Like you, i've got bored of the yellow time, date & temperature option. I'd love to know more about that. What does one have to do, to achieve what you have and how much would it cost?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Cars looking great mate! Like the black and red theme! Sounds like the mods your planning will add nicely mate!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cheers for all the awesome comments fellas!!!

just another little one for today, picked this up quite cheap

1 - 20 of 113 Posts