Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of LED side lights to try give the car a cleaner look but having a look under the bonnet it's very tightly packed. Is there any easy way to change the bulbs on the Astra or do you need to take the headlight out? (I can't fit my hand between the gap between the lights and the engine etc)

This is for the 1.9 cdti (150) I noticed there's a lot more room in the 1.8 petrol version.

I know this probably isn't the right section and probably a repost but the tapatalk app is useless for finding posts and sections; if this is the case could a moderator please move this.

Thanks for any help,
Scott

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,716 Posts
You don't need to remove the headlight for the side lights, with the 1.9 you need to remove the turbo intake along with the air box, this gives mire room on the near side, offside there should be enough room but you can unclip the loon thats attached to the fuse box to get it out the way.

Then is just dust cap off, lightly tug on the sidelight holder - they just clip in - replace bulb, and slot back in and the put everything back together, that's what I did with mine and I have shovels for hands.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
I didn't remove anything but the rubber cap off the back of the lights. Just shoved my hand in there, whipped it all out, swapped over, job done. I wouldn't say I have small hands, but they're far from big :lol: Definitely smaller than Ian's sausage fingers who couldn't get there in the massively spacious 1.6 VVT engine bay :couch::lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts