Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I've got this issue with my DRLs/Side lights and so far I'm utterly stumped. I get an error (Check Position Lamp) which I'm pretty sure means the bulb has gone out. With the engine running the DRLs both work nice and bright but when switching over to the sidelights the DRLs go dim and no other lights illuminate. I've been told that the Sidelights and the DRLs are the same thing and therefore i need to change the DRL bulbs. i changed the right side because i just couldn't get the other one out and it still didn't work. Is there something I'm missing here? all the fuses are fine and the cars only on 43k.

2010 Astra 1.6T SRi-VX Line

Any information would be hugely appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've checked all lights on the car, Switched all of them on at once. Only issue i found was a couple of headlights are pretty out of alignment but i dont know where the adjustment bolts are. this dark and cold weather isnt helping me haha

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hi
From your explanation the drl/ sidelights are working correctly.
When I had the drl bulbs go it told me on the dash exactly which front bulb had gone. Only had trouble identifying a blown bulb when a rear one had gone. Each cluster has 2 bulbs in because of the talon shapes of the light clusters. As said above closely look at the rear lights on each side and compare them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
From your explanation the drl/ sidelights are working correctly.
When I had the drl bulbs go it told me on the dash exactly which front bulb had gone. Only had trouble identifying a blown bulb when a rear one had gone. Each cluster has 2 bulbs in because of the talon shapes of the light clusters. As said above closely look at the rear lights on each side and compare them.
I'll have to give them all another once over and change that front left one. its so hard to remove i got too angry and had to walk away :¬|

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Don't change it if it is working if you ask me. The bulb holders are plastic and get brittle with time and sometimes break when changing bulbs.
If you change it I found the easiest way was to remove cap,
then ease wiring out of the aperture and gently pull on the wires that go to the rear of the bulb holder and it comes out with ease. Make a note of the bulb holders orientation when removed to assist in a quick push in refit.
The passenger side access can be made easier by pulling out the neck of the screen washer bottle and removing the fuse box lid.

·
Administrator
3,916 Posts
Try resetting the message and see if it comes back again. Sometimes just a bit of a loose fitting bulb going over a bump can cause the warning to come up even though the bulbs are fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I've tried changing both the sidelights, checked all other bulbs on the car and all fuses. I've posted photos below because it baffled me that the bulbs are working 100% (both filaments in the bulb) but it it just seems like they're operating back to front. Photos in order below

Sidelights
Lights off
Full lights

Attachments

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Agree with MollyGoogle front lights all ok
Take your rear right clusters off the car and detache the bulb holder assembly from them. With the bulbs exposed turn the lights on and check bulbs. One must have gone, it is difficult to see through the lense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I was starting to go a bit mad with the headlights. I've had the car a year and I've never looked at them before haha. One of the lights is aiming around head height and I think it's a full beam H7. How exactly do I manually adjust it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts