Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
conny.jpg
conny 2.jpg

should i buy this? its been repainted in white was originally silver, body-kit , coilovers, 18" twintop allys, depo shark eye headlights, replacement 2.2 engine, 1/2 leather trim from a special edt astra. i have a cdti astra j vx-line in power red at mo and just fancy this as a toy? what do you guys think for 2.5k?

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Looks nice in the pictures, though I think at £2.5k they might be trying a little too hard to recoup some of the money they have spent on it.

If it has been painted and had a new engine purely because of wear and tear then put a bid on it, if they have been done because of crash damage walk away

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks nice in the pictures, though I think at £2.5k they might be trying a little too hard to recoup some of the money they have spent on it.

If it has been painted and had a new engine purely because of wear and tear then put a bid on it, if they have been done because of crash damage walk away
the original car (silver ) was h.p.i clear, I know the garage who is the car owners dad, he owns 11 cars and often does cars up, he bought it as a non runner and sourced another 2.2 for it through his dads garage, then he painted it white as he is a painter, (alloy wheel repairist) as he said he likes white, it has not been changed on the log book yet though, the car has been done nicely but i agree with you that he is trying to regain most of what has been put into it at 2.5k, i dont know as maybe its a little to much?? just thought i would ask u guys ;)

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
the original car (silver ) was h.p.i clear, I know the garage who is the car owners dad, he owns 11 cars and often does cars up, he bought it as a non runner and sourced another 2.2 for it through his dads garage, then he painted it white as he is a painter, (alloy wheel repairist) as he said he likes white, it has not been changed on the log book yet though, the car has been done nicely but i agree with you that he is trying to regain most of what has been put into it at 2.5k, i dont know as maybe its a little to much?? just thought i would ask u guys ;)
If you know the history and trust their work then my only hesitation would be the price

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea the wheels would have to be gloss black i said but he wants an extra £150 for the wheels and the other blue bits to be painted black.
I said whatever made u do them blue !! lol and yea i think its a bit to much tbh if it were nearer the 2k mark then i said to him i would have it but thge price is really the thing for me 2.5k for a 53 plate convertible is a little steep no matter what has been done to it.thanks for your thoughts guys ;)

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
:lol: I'd normally agree but for some reason I like them, I've got a bit of a thing for. Coloured wheels at the minute :shrug:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts