Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some advice on this please?
I've had this 1.6 CDTI 2014 for 4 years (67K), always done my own servicing, including resetting oil service life indicator, but never had this 'Service Vehicle Soon' warning come up on the Multi-Function Display before, a horizontal spanner in the middle of the image of a car. Admittedly the service was delayed and quite late this year due to Covid.

I have had issues with the Intake Air Temperature sensor of recent triggering an engine MIL warning light on, but this appears to be sorted now, having erased DTC (P0111) and it not having reappeared.

But after a couple of journeys, the 'SVS' is still showing! I've checked on my 'Streetwize Car Scan' box to see if I can reset anything, but can’t see anything. Anyone got any ideas?? Cheers, Jeff.

·
Registered
736 Posts
It means there's still a code stored,it's nothing to do with needing a service,
i'd suggest getting a better scanner on the car,those obd2 readers fail to pick up most manufacturer specific codes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks Valer, appreciate you feedback.
Does anyone know of a code reader that would reach the manufacturers DTC for a reasonable price?

My old Astra G had a blink code facility on it - press two pedals, turn ignition on and MIL blinked a code - is there anything like this with J's?

·
Registered
736 Posts
No the pedal trick doesn't work on a J,
the only diy kit i can recommend is opcom,but even with opcom it does need to be one running the latest software,
(170823 or 181022 s/w versions)
unfortunately that's not easy to track down at present,all the ones i've seen on ebay/amazon etc are running much earlier software and won't read a 2014 1.6 Diesel Astra,don't be taken in by their ads saying v1.99 latest version etc,it's all b/s

·
Registered
1 Posts
Iv had same issue on my astra j 2.0 cdti turned out to be a glow plug needed replacing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts