Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Astra J 1.6 Petrol 2011. Auto. Not in regular use.
“Service Power Steering” message appeared while driving, 5 miles from start. Warning lights on for Steering, Stability, ABS, Brakes, Electric Handbrake. Speedo reads 0. Rev counter OK. Handbrake sounds to be working but immediately releases itself when I let go of the pull-up switch. Turning stability on and off seems to have no effect.
Car runs OK. Stopped and started about 15 times.
Continued driving for 250 miles with several stops and all seemed OK except no speedo and the temp gauge dropped a bit when cruising which I haven’t (?) noticed before. (Luckily my satnav shows speed)
Looked at fuses. Disconnected battery for 30mins. No codes on my simple scanner.
Recently had an emissions warning for oxygen sensor. I cancelled that DTC and it hasn’t reappeared in about 400 miles.
Anyone had a similar problem?
EDIT: Just remembered to say that I had a dead battery a few weeks ago and used a power-bank jump starter for a few days until I got it replaced.
EDIT: Also, Cruise Control not working.
Trip computer Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Tachometer

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I think the OP said that the battery has since been replaced after using a power-bank jump starter for a few days .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, potentially similar issue, and forgive me if this is the wrong place.
Test drove an Astra J gtc 1.6t 2012 on 37k miles today, Just before starting the car the following sequence showed: the car had a batter saver active warning followed by a service power steering warning then followed by service esp and finally check engine oil soon warning.
Since the battery had been low and I’d imagine not started for at the very least a week days to a week, could that be re cause. Or is this another issue altogether? The last service was completed by Vauxhall not very many miles ago (I can’t remember the exact date).
The second issue was that I couldn’t clear the low fuel warning to get to the main screen with the menu button or end button since the car had suck little fuel the pin hadn’t moved.
I plan on returning to test drive the car again with a Jerry can of fuel and will see if i can clear the low fuel warning.
Any advice or pointers to look out for when I next inspect the car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts